Seeking Medical Device Sales Associate Position

Discussion in 'Olympus' started by Anonymous, Apr 7, 2013 at 9:52 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Does anyone know of any leads on a medical device sales associate position in the Chicago area?

Thanks.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

this person has no idea

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

maybe they should not be encouraged to research the company before the interview.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Why do you say that? He sounds like he would fit right in with you clowns

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Heard TAMPS/ORLANDO Rep Steve rielly days are numbered . He got fired from his regional manager job only to get rep position and he is getting ready to looses that.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It's unfortunate about Steve. He's a good guy and a good manager but the continual shifting of the surgical divisions required the merging of 3 layers of Regional Sales Management into one blended approach...which left seasoned guys like Steve and others at a disadvantage.

Too many decisions are being made from a strategic level with little to no forethought into how to translate the 'vision' into reality from an operational aspect.

I would not recommend this organization to any one right now. Go cautiously if you so choose. Lots of upcoming changes in comp plans and there are never adequate back office resources or stable applicationsto support the field.

Just more 'Big Brother' management. The new endoscopy associate TMs are being set up to be endo-grunts...no real room for advancement. There are at least 10 effective, seasoned Endotherapy and Dual Sales reps who were brought back after layoff to be glorified 'fluffers'.... Pretty sad...

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

After several years as ACMI/GYRUS and later Olympus I made and save my money.
    I left the Imperial Navy Last year on my own as I started to see the sinking ships.
    I have taken a pay cut now, but I have moved on to a new more progresive company.
    Stress free life and people seek me for direction. No more micromanagement. Life is good!

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I probably spoke to you many times..and I too have left through voluntary resignation after 5+ years..love at-will employment...and....life is good indeed! Best of luck to you my fellow Olympus survivor! Perhaps we should invent a new ribbon and display it proudly to all the survivors of this odd company that makes patients out of employes.That place will rot your soul and physical being....I have worked over 25 years in many stressful environmants but that was by far the worst...Corporate Social Responsibility...hahaha...REALLY?

Olympus is truly smoke and mirrors...Moral Ethics is directly commensurate with legal compliance..period ..as for human dignity and a fostering adaptive environment..noooooooo no way....

Take care and Congratulations to all of us who left...I'd rather be a Wal-mart Associate then work for Olympus....

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The only reason many people stay at Olympus is for the pension. I would still max out the 401k. I wouldnt be surprised if that pension money is gone by the time most of them retire.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Why all the openings including multiple regional VP slots??? Expansion, turnover?

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

expansion

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This company went downhill so fast. I never see my OLY reps anymore working so my guess is the lack of motivation has kicked in. The company hires pharma reps now that made 80k in their previous jobs, and feel like they died and went to heaven making 120k. Olympus likes them because they don't talk back, and will do bs reports and drink the Kool Aid. So sad. I was told I was crazy to leave, but in retrospect I laugh my ass off whenever I throw one of the DURs, CYFs, MRs and M3s in the back seat of my car to trade in. These guys are clueless. They are too busy doing reports. Customers look at them as a joke. That culture all came from Olympus. They are the perfect competitor....I hope nothing changes at OLY.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Lazy piece of crap that you are!

Most normal people are happy working hard and making anything close to 100k.

Let me know when your book comes out, so I can do everything opposite and truly prosper in sales and life!

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

?

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

?

You people make me laugh.
    Most of you went to average schools and didn't do crap to earn your degree, other than showing up for class.

Then, you get a job making 100k or more and complain. A job you got because your frat buddy got you in. The same frat guy that got in because his father knew the manager.

Take your money and stop complaining and get to work. There are so many in the world that don't have shelter or food to eat and are sick with no medical help.

Change your mind a bit before you write silly things on here, and start giving thanks to the Creator that made you. Or be a fool your entire life!

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Simpleton.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Contact Joe Affrunti on Linkedin. He is the local RVP.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

My God. This company really is a joke.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Disagree