Seeking Q Employee Feedback

Discussion in 'Quintiles' started by Seeking Q Employee Feedback, Dec 8, 2011 at 4:32 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Hi Folks!

I'm doing research for a graduate program and was wondering if you folks can provide me with some anonymous feedback via the board?

Here are some questions:

Tell me about the structure of Quintiles (line manager and team management). Do you like this structure? Are there any benefits or drawbacks?

What about the political landscape? Do you think there are certain people or groups with a great amount of influence? Do you feel empowered in your work environment? Stifled? Both?

Do you feel your needs are met by the organization? Do you have strong relationships with your peers? Do you feel a part of the organization?

Do you feel that your work at Quintiles has meaning or value? If so, what? Is there anything specific to Quintiles that you wouldn't find elsewhere that has meaning for you, such as company values, rituals, history, etc? Please provide specifics.

Many thanks to anyone who is willing to provide anonymous feedback. Please be completely open and honest in your feedback, positive or negative. Thanks!!

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This post is almost funny, sounds like Q management requesting feedback.
    Managment structure is set up to benefit managment and provide a method for employees to request assistance and have it lost in the shuffle, leaving too few people with too much responsibility and no support.
    There are some groups that have all the power and no substance, unfortunately the rest of us all left to deal with their albatross: the much hyped and even more so useless integrated trial management software. To say it is inefficient does disservice to the term.

Until management recognizes this, Q is not only a miserable place to work but downright abusive.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thanks for your feedback. It's funny that you mention that it sounds like Q management looking for feedback as I am a former Q manager having left some time ago but I am using Q for my research paper because I am familiar with the company and structure.

I have heard that there have been a lot of folks unhappy since the QCR model was implemented but had not heard as many negative comments about the new CTMS system. When you talk with your LM about this, what is the response? Do you know if there are any efforts under way to make improvements?

So when you say management structure is set up to benefit management, are you talking about management at all levels? Would you prefer a structure where you report to the CPM on the study instead of a line manager?

Would you mind talking about the political environment a bit? Do you feel there are informal networks in place that benefit the company or some in the company? Are you part of any informal network, such as a group of CRAs or CTAs that has any sort of influence?

What about the human side of things? How does the company meet your needs? Has that changed over time?

I'm curious what you think about Quintiles winning so many of the best places to work awards.

Sorry for all the questions. I have talked directly with some current employees, but I also thought this forum might provide some additional useful feedback. Thanks in advance for any input you're willing to provide.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

CTMS at Quintiles is extremely inefficient. Lower- to Mid-management understands the problems with CTMS, but senior management seems clueless. Quintiles is champion in rolling out applications to their employees that aren't thoroughly tested and CTMS tops the charts for this practice. The only way to improve CTMS at Quintiles would be to hire an external team to completely redesign it. Until then, the employees will be forced to struggle with the complete mess that Quintiles has made of CTMS.

Quintiles winning Best Place to Work awards? The last employee engagement survey results didn't reflect that it was the best place to work. If the economy wasn't in the horrible shape that it is, there would be a mass exodus of employees leaving Quintiles for other employment based on the results of the last survey. Unhappiness permeated the employee responses.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I can not speak to the use of CTMS personally due to the project I am on does not use this.

As far as the political environment, I would say at least there are informal networks. In my group, they advocate the use of Meetup.com to promote socialization outside of work as a platform to get to know your colleagus better. I think this can be a double edged sword. On one had, if you don't join, it may seem you may be missing out or miss those networking opportunities. On the other hand, I thin at the end of a work day,I shouldn't feel the need to further extend my work day by socializing with coworkers outside the workplace and everyone knowing more intimate details about one's life. To an extent, I think thi is an unprofessional idea. But managment allows it since its been announcd in previous dept meetings.

In terms of company meeting needs, I would say no. The LM's are overworked and strechted thin with so many direct reports. It's a shame. One can feel clueless or on their own when it comes to professional career development. You have the sense your LM doesn't have time for you. I think it would still be beneficial to keep the LM structure and CPM roles seperate and NOT combine them. PPD liked to does this combined structure and it just seem like too many hats for one person to bear.

Lastly, yes QCR was not a bright idea. Whoever came up with this idea was obviously not a CRA or at least recently since 911. Funny thing is, even my husband, who is a business manager in a different industry, thought this was a bad idea and will probably not work effectively. There are just only so many local hubs to go around but the truth is there are alot more sites spreadout across the country, logistcally. Duh!

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

LOL, downright abusive? Idiot. This has not been my experience at all. Q is an outstanding place to work and the best company I've ever worked for. Once you work here for 3 months, you understand why Q is the biggest and the best. Sure, all companies have their weaknesses but that is to be expected with 25,000 employees.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Quintiles was recently voted top 25 best global companies. They are BY FAR the best CRO on the planet, bar none.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Being the best CRO doesn't equal being the best employer. Quintiles needs to be on the list of worst employers. Management at Quintiles continues to make poor decisions. This is a top-down company that doesn't listen to their employees that are actually doing the job. Inefficient business models continue. Unhappy, stressed workforce prevails.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

YAWN. Keep spouting your unsupported "facts". No company is without problems, but you don't do THIS by being top down, inefficient models, etc:

http://wraltechwire.com/business/tech_wire/news/blogpost/10811083/

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Its just a matter of time before the headlines Quintiles generates are for far more troubling reasons. Quality remains a half hearted effort and sooner or later that's going to become quite obvious.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Been watching these type of unsupported comments for a couple of years now. Quintiles is having another strong year. When they go public, what will become "quite obvious" is their leadership and vision for the industry. In the mean time, trolls will be trolls

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Right on! Thank you for pointing out publically you think your employees are trolls.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

um they are not my employees but yes people who continually s#it stir without any substance tend to be trolls.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Quintiles senior leadership team needs to exit the company. The majority of the employees think the senior leadership team at Quintiles are idiots. If a member of the Quintiles senior leadership team reads this post, please tell your team of cronies that the employees wish you would leave and take your terrible decisions with you. You are sinking the company and killing the employees. Do us a favor and leave quickly.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I must have seen 3 or 4 postings recently where somebody states "the majority of employees" this or that. One said the "majority..." was on prescription meds for stress. Another said the "majority..." hate the company and this one about the majority thinking leadership team are idiots.

I'm sure there are rubbish execs at Quintiles just like there are rubbish execs at any company of similar size. And am sure that there are problems there like in other companies of similar size. But i'm equally sure that these people speaking for the 'majority' have not spoken to 10 Quintiles employees never mind 20,000 employees.

Now go ahead and called me cheerleader for stating the obvious.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

dont feed the trolls. they do not listen to reason. that same person says leadership is sinking the company and killing the employees. last time I checked the news, the company was continuing to grow. but lets not let fact get in the way of silly statements

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

LOL, sinking the company? You don't have the first clue about Quintiles. They are having another very solid and lucrative year. PS - Your bridge called, go home now troll.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am a bit concerned after reading these posts. I am considering accepting a position at Quintiles. There appears to be a Quintiles defender (employee? manager?) who resorts to name calling when confronted with opinions that differ from theirs. Not an encouraging representative. Also, many of the other posts are negative and stem from people who are (or were) obviously miserable at the company. Is this the type of environment I would be stepping in to?

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

ummm really? if you're looking for serious guidance on this board, then maybe you need to rethink your job hunting strategy. you are better off doing research through linkedin groups, acro, and other means. here you have pissed off crybabies or a cheerleader. quintiles may or may not be a good place to work but if you think you'll get an accurate picture of the firm here, you are sadly mistaken.