Selling Lupron:Best Part Time Job In Pharma

Discussion in 'Abbott' started by Anonymous, Feb 17, 2011 at 10:50 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Well, I guess we all know why you only have 3 clinics using "the stuff".... and hey, if you are satisfied with yourself and your work ethic at the end of the day, good luck to you.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I say FIRE THEIR LAZY ASSES!!!! Most of them are sorry lazy bitches that do nothing except whine, complain, and shop all day.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yepper - shopping in those high priced malls and salons. Puttin on those fine sheeer panty hose, wearing those sexy pointy pumps. Grrrrrrr - yes, fire their ass!!

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Lupron is about to be sold and may go elsewhere.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That Pittsburgh rep is hot.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I don't know where this poor impression of the lupron reps comes from. I recently left this division because I was over worked and under paid. I loved selling lupron until abbott destroyed the Tap culture. Everything has become horribly micromanaged and the pressure to sell is high. Managers asking you to force accounts to order on the last day of the quarter, calls per day, threatening voice mails, expectation that you check and respond to emails on the weekend, and little to no bonus money anymore. This used to be the job every rep dreamed of. Now it is just another pharma job with extra bullshit and horrible managers. Give these people some respect, they work just as hard as anyone at abbott but with more eyes on them because their are no counterparts or pods and the sales force is relatively small.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Abbott is ramping up the marketing of Lupron in India. Lord knows they could use a good castration. What is up with them? Is birth control a violation of Hinduism? Lupron will take care of their population issue.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Are you effing kidding me?? Exactly why the job is so freeaking easy!! I have no pod mates or counterparts to worry about, it's such a beautiful thing! Most DM's don't give a rip as this drug is and has been on cruise control for quite sometime. I feel so guilty every time I look at that deposit notice on my "i-device", but the guilt quickly vanishes as I head off to the mall, then on to the nail salon, followed by a quick tanning session in the early afternoon, and get some last minute grocery shopping done just in time to beat the rush hour. Pretty much sums up my day! Oh my sweet sweet Lupron, what a drug....and what an easy Job!!

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

WORD! I've been selling Lupron for 5 years - way too easy but why complain.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hey, how much do they make anyway? They better not be getting paid more than primary care!

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Base of high 60's-70k, bonus of 24k. I've heard some of the reps that have been around since the early days of lupron have six figure bases. The pay scale is the same as the other specialty divisions (s1, s2, etc..). The bonus plan sucks because it if you have 2 good quarters in a row, your quota goes through the roof and you make no bonus the next 2 quarters.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Lupron layoffs will begin in April.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Are you kidding me? Base in the high 60's - 70k?!! That's not even close. I have a base of $108k, but bonus is more like 20k not 24K. I was with TAP when we moved over to Abbott. I work my ass off and 108k base is low for how much I work an produce. So all you cry baby PC reps, well, you can kiss my ass.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes 60-70k, no joke... That why i left this shit hole. When i found out how hard I was working for little pay while the old timers collected ridiculous salaries, I realized it was time to move on. There is severe inequality of pay in this division! Also, for a buy and bill sell, the bonus sucks ass!

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That's why they are about to pull the plug on most of the high Lupron salaries. Word is they will combine you guys with.......(fill in the blank GYN product) and many will be RIF'd.

BTW, don't go thinking your specialty because you sell Lupron - that's a freeking joke. Two of my recent interview companies both laughed at the idea of Lupron being specialty sales. Now I am selling oncology and glad to be done with Abbott. Layoffs are coming very soon for Lupron and all other PC.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hey Drug delivery people, you all cry when they fire you. Ever wonder why? Lazy asswipes

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Time for some of you to get the butt fuck you deserve.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Such a clever post! I bet you graduated at the top of your class at Phoenix U. I hope HR can find out the posters that are obscene.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

HR here, I like to posterior fornicate with my life partners.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Uh, are you like a drag queen, or something? Who wears panty hose except for drag queens?