Selling Pet Food

Discussion in 'Veterinary Rx Diets' started by Anonymous, Mar 9, 2012 at 9:10 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'm coming from pharma and was wondering what it's like to sell pet nutrition? Is it complex or a soft sell? I hear vet are pretty reasonable customers..... I know the $$ isn't as good already.

2. Truth teller

Truth teller Guest

Human pharma people never make it in animal health because a) they think the are entitled to money like they made in human not realizing that those jobs are going away (gone). B) don't really have any selling skills and therefore, not able to hack it. C) tend to be whiny and irritate everyone and D) huma pharma reps tend to be very needy, which doesn't fly here in animal health.

Advice, don't waste your time, keep waiting for a job opportunity in human pharma that doesn't exist

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I would go for distribution or animal Rx instead. Good luck!

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Honestly don't listen to the dog food people. They don't know what they are talking about and are the least respected. MWI or Butler is the place to be!!!!!

5. Truth Teller

Truth Teller Guest

Hahahahahah. Order takers hahhahahahaha. Outside sales reps for distribution are the next jobs to disappear. Shrinking margins ..... Hahahahaha. Order takers

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If you aren't 'taking an order' or asking for the business for any type of sale you probably flat out suck but then again, you are lowest on the totem pole.

7. Truth Teller

Truth Teller Guest

That being your response clearly illustrates my point dummy

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I see that Royal Canine has several positions open and it looks like they are doing an expansion. There are retail and vet territory positions open - so what's the difference? What is the reputation of the company? Does anybody know what their compensation is? Thanks!

9. Will E Boman

Will E Boman Guest

Order takers do make me laugh.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Selling Pet Food will handicap your resume. Go for distro or animal pharma! ;)

11. Hey Stupid, its Royal Canin..... go to Hills, they hire dopes

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Actually ALL pet food reps are dopes. Not the same as capital equipment or Animal Pharma. Just ask anyone!

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What is R.C. offering for salary? Paid days off? Holidays?

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You sound like a mwi osr, a person who will lose their job because your position is obsolete Hahahahahahaha

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I interviewed there a year ago and they told me $50-55K salary with 20K bonus. I didn't get the job though. I was told 3 weeks vacation. I thought the salary seemed pretty low for the big territory I was going to cover.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is not true. I've spent 11 months with pet food and putting in notice soon. It was fun for like two months then it soured. Funny thing is that my rm and rd totally suck! I can sell circles around them! I used to sell cancer drugs and these people are telling me I suck and hey you are selling cat food now so buck up and do what we say.

I know this job seems alluring but trust me selling pet food absolutely sucks.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What I find funny is your post is demonstrating everything that truth teller posted that you are trying to debunk.

Your from human pharma, your whining and you can't hack it

I don't know who is telling you "you suck", but cancer drugs is a different sale from pet food, you can not have mastered pet food sales in 11 months. You may not suck, but I doubt you put a real effort to become good.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Selling pet diets is 100 times more complicated than selling cancer drugs. You should know this idiot!

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am hoping that the new GM gets it and fires the sales directors. This is the most absurd place I have ever worked...

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ha.... Very true