Seprafilm Slurry

Discussion in 'Genzyme' started by Anonymous, Jun 25, 2011 at 12:18 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I heard a rumor yesterday that the FDA is investigating genzyme for slurry. I was with intuitive for years a constantly wondered why these guys were even allowed in the cases. A lot of the guys I call on don't even know the FDA is investigating it, but still use it. Is there someone I can anonymously contact if I see a surgeon using it or a rep teaching a scrub tech how to crumple it up? I do not want to personally get involved, but I do think your company should know what's going on out there.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I thought I was going to be able to weather this storm, but apparently not. Time to dust off the resume and get out of here! Now I've got to worry about being spied on everyday. No thanks.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Relax man, this really is none of your business. Why don't you go back to pretending your job is important!

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I was on a field ride in the mid-west about a year ago. The rep explained to the nurses that it's ok to use several sheets to create a slurry. Reason: "it's like protein shake with healing properties and you can drink it if there is any left over."

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

^^^Why do you think this is funny? Good people are losing their jobs. Do us all a favor and keep your idiotic comments to yourself.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'm kind of torn with this situation because I feel like genzyme is acting like they're looking out for our best interests, but behind the scenes selling us out to the FDA and blaming individual reps for the massive amount of slurry. At this point we're all expendable. If the company was willing to let SP go, then where do you think we stand? I know we've been told to contact the genzyme attorneys if contacted by the FDA, but I'm not sure who to trust anymore. If I get called I may just go at it alone.

One thing is for sure though--- we need new jobs! Even if this thing does end up settling it will cost Sanofi hundreds of millions of dollars. Why would they keep the division after that?

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

i couldnt agree with you more

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

We'll get through this, we always do. We have a great salesforce and outstanding leadership. When all of this is over Sanofi will realize this and how much value we bring to their portfolio.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

everyone that reads your post is now dumber because of what you just wrote... "outstanding leadership"? you call our managers asking us to load orders and turning a blind eye on slurry outstanding leadership? that may be one of the dumbest things i have ever read. oh, and here is the other joke... "great salesforce" - from what I hear all of the good reps left to work for lab companies years ago. now we're left with a bunch of half-rate pharma reps who really think that slurry offers patient benefits.

"When all of this is over Sanofi will realize this and much value we bring to their portfolio." WOW- i dont even know where to begin...

i've got to get the fuck out of here!

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Do you think usage of slurry in my territory is reason for me to ask for a quota reduction? I havent made my number since the last rep left but I prefer to blame it on him since I know lack of growing my business has nothing to do with me

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Dear Mr. Loyal Genzyme disciple, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul. You remind me of the lame cheerleaders on the side lines, that seriously believe they are making a difference in the game.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Not a chance. We've already had too many quota reductions over the past two years.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Things have been quiet... What's everyone thinking?

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Who or what is SP?

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

the rep from az

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Are you guys talking about Scott? He trained me like five years back. Good guy, although he is the one that taught me slurry. I guess it helped, I always made my number. I was able to get my first house on my bonus.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What ever happened with this anyways? Did anyone else get fired? Is the DOJ still investigating or did genzyme settle it?

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

what is slurry? how is genzyme bio surgery doing this 2012 so far? i am looking to interview for a position and read all posts from the past etc. i know most cafe pahrma stff is true yet, people are pretty annoyed when writing too. so, i can only take so seriously... etc. thoughts!!??

what's the deal with the company's bio surg (sanofi owned now).

a good move still?

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Slurry is a term used to describe the off-label use of seprafilm. The DOJ is investigating the division for this. The job/company are good, but the product is sooo old that no one really wants to hear about it, and access into the OR for this product is difficult.