Serious inquiry into UCB positions, please help.

Discussion in 'UCB Pharma' started by anonymous, Feb 7, 2019 at 12:15 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Hi,
    I am considerining a move to UCB. everything always sounds good on paper especially with the recruiter.
    I realize the interview with the DM usually lasts 1 hour and I don't want to waste 5-10 minutues asking about stuff such as PTO vs volunteer time. Shutdown vs Sick days. I have a few generic questions.

Base Salary for Speciality Rep?
    Culture? Is it a Tracker trackers trackers culture or sell and make impact?
    Average Tenure of Reps/DM?
    Cars? DO we have choices or do all get Ford Fusions?
    POA? Is it fun?
    President CLub? top 5% or Top 10%
    Numbers? HOw are we paid, DDD, retail? BUy and bill?

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I would avoid. Reasons: Company was on a five year sanction for selling off label and the culture is still one that supports off label selling. Salaries have decreased and decreased. Bonus may or may not be paid. Sales goals require unrealistic increases in sales. Managers can and do ANYTHING and upper management and HR supports them. Including a manager who committed a crime against an employee...
    Need I say more?

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Bonuses paid? What do you mean? All companies go off label!

Please help with questions above

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

From the very strange interview process... it does not surprise me that UCB is underhanded at best.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I am willing to weigh in on this. One of the biggest issues is how many hours a day and how many days per week will you have to be responsive to your manager. Our manager expects us to be available from 6 am to 10 pm Monday thru Friday and on weekends. If you do not respond for example on weekends when you are with family; he will start calling and texting on your personal phone!!
    Your manager could take over your life in this way. I believe this is common place at UCB - this IS the culture.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

so micromanaging and poor work life balance? Someone companies are super duper work life balance. How high up does this go? dM and RBD? How about cars and other perks. Please chime in. I’m thinking of declining my interview now.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Poster #3 must be naive!
    You do not want to be in a company where off label selling is the norm because a manager will protect themselves and roll it down on the rep.
    YOU HAVE NOT LIVED until you have been accused and interviewed by the Feds about off label selling.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

What division are you all in? That hasn’t been my experience in Neuro but maybe each district is different. We aren’t micromanaged at all. No busy work, no trackers, just manage your business and be held accountable for results. I like that about the culture here. Goals have been decently unrealistic for a while, but we are always paid out our bonuses on time. So not sure which division isn’t paying their bonuses. That’s a little disturbing to hear. I’m not sure what the salary range is mine is over 120. We pick our company cars from multiple options, they seem to change each year but some are pretty good. Hope that answers a few questions.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

agreed I’m on the other side of the neuro business. Not a ton of busy work, like last posted said hold you accountable for your numbers but my experience has always been pleasant. And the comment about bonus is just a ridiculous statement. My time with the company just under 4 yrs never had an issue with bonus or never heard of any issues with bonus, in fact UCB always having contest for points and encouragement for hitting goals has always been clear that higher up management wants everyone to do well. My experience is nothing like the negative poster.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

poster #9 & #10, what does a typical look like for you guys? I'm interviewing for neurology division and structure doesn't seem like typical pharma. I'm excited but I won't to understand how my day to day would look coming from biologics where my drugs cost a boat load of money. I don't want a repeat of Primary care ever again my pharma career. this is petty but I actually would love the subaru's for the purpose of skiing!

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Also on the neuro side here. I’ll be honest. I LOVE my job. I have never been able to say that in 13 years of pharma. My teammates are awesome. My manager is awesome. They do not big brother you. You are responsible for your business. How much you wanna work is how much you are gonna make. Salaries are good. Well over 100k. Company car is a Toyota Highlander limited edition (if you have it available when your time comes up). Leather, sunroof etc. They take care of us.
    I’m not lying when I say for the first time I don’t dread going to work.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

RUN - RUN - RUN - Run as fast as you can - this is the most "Good ole Boy" company that I have had ever seen - I know so many hard working females here that have discriminated against

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Post #13 is F.O.S.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Post #13 is 100% correct

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Neuro access is becoming more marginalized. Younger associates are coming in at 65k and phasing out experienced reps in the 120ks. Not rocket science. Managers and work life balance are both a hit or miss. Bonuses are on time but goals are becoming unattainable due to access. I’d pass.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You will need to go to bigger Pharma to special treatment for simply being female. And you weren’t targeted, you sucked. Time for a change of vocation?

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Poster #16 speaks the truth. In the way of goals, you will be tasked with a 17% increase in your sales per year in the Neuro business.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Writing from Brussels, UCB is an amazing place to work. I have worked for big pharma organisations where it is traumatizing.

We may not have the highest salaries, but we may have one of the best cultures.