Serious question: What does the future hold for Astellas?

Discussion in 'Astellas' started by anonymous, Dec 16, 2017 at 4:08 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

What do you think the future holds for the PCP, Urology, Hospital, and Oncology franchises in the near and long term?

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Pharma is on a downward spiral. Congress is putting pressure on pharma to lower prices for drugs. Once Medicare gets the green light to negotiate prices, it’s all over for Pharma as we know it.
    Prices and Formularies all but rule sales now. Further tightening of the screws and sales forces will slowly decrease in size and all but disappear.
    After 20 yrs in the industry, I’m looking into my options before they dwindle to nothing.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This is all true and it will accelerate. Pharma is looking to change the way it does business and salesforce will be the first to feel it. Look out for CET, APEX and the like. Automation and elimination of the sales rep. They claim its to help the salesforce. Help them on the way out, that is.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I loved Astellas when I first started, but it’s clear we’re just a number. Nothing more. It’s sad. The culture isn’t what it once was. But, I think they’re phasing our reps in tough markets for access and making white space.

Upper management doesn’t care about the rep in the field. They just want articles written with them in it being considered a “leader”, but nothing is further from the truth.

Mid-management is more concerned about getting to the level than their people.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

We are suffering from PISS POOR SALES LEADERSHIP, and a FAILED R&D DEPARTMENT.

We also have Northbrook that is only worried about what the next promotion is.

Astellas has how many products? PISS POOR LEADERSHIP! We have Pfizer at all levels of leadership implementing the same failed initiatives that got them here in the first place. VP of Sales, Area VP, Directors, and Managers mostly from Pfizer.

They let the Texas Managers win multiple summit clubs illegitimately over a decade all carefully orchestrated by the people who were fired by compliance and who left for greener pastures. Some are still roaming the halls. You know who you are. We must clean this company of the filthy cheaters.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Your Northbrook comment is right on the money! Too many folks looking for a promotion, less work, shorter hours, smaller staff, less responsibility and..... MORE, MORE Money!!!

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Agreed, the sales management team is a joke. They call themselves the leadership team. Ha Ha Ha! We could get rid of half the directors and sales managers and save a ton of money.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Well said.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You’re right about the Pfizer rejects, and if Pfizer dumped them, they sure as hell are rejects! Anything Pfizer touches turns to shit.
    We are going down the same rabbit hole as most of pharma. Sales and marketing are becoming irrelevant, and rightly so. We bring very little to the table and bottom line as we have been diminished to sample and lunch delivery people. Competent leadership is non- existent. Inertia and formularies drive pharma.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You’re right about the Pfizer rejects, and if Pfizer dumped them, they sure as hell are rejects! Anything Pfizer touches turns to shit.
    We are going down the same rabbit hole as most of pharma. Sales and marketing are becoming irrelevant, and rightly so. We bring very little to the table and bottom line as we have been diminished to sample and lunch delivery people. Competent leadership is non- existent. Inertia and formularies drive pharma.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

So true!

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Completely the truth! Does it matter if we even go out or stay home? I don’t think so. Time to get out.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It’s time to get out is right! Hard to start another year of being treated like a child by my own company, listening to the constant bs they preach, my idiot manager who couldn’t sell snowballs in hell, or find his ass without a gps. Then, it’s off to work I go serving lunch to a bunch of ungrateful office staff than collectively need to lose 1000 lbs, docs who couldn’t care less about my drugs or the company spiel we are supposed to regurgitate every call, and then to get the almighty, all important signature for samples they don’t want or need......but dr., Ill stack this crap to the ceiling to cover my ass. Throw it in the garbage, for all I care! made my metrics requirement today.
    This job has become a total joke. I’m burned out, and have to get out of this industry, or I’ll lose what marbles I have left.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The phrase is actually “my manager couldn’t find his ass with both hands in his back pockets”. But I digress! I recommend you read the AZ thread “The All Day Lie” or “I sat by a lake” post at Sucampo. You will definitely feel better!

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Weird how a couple of posts got deleted. Huh?

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I think leadership doesn't care about the field. It's clear ASDs in most cases don't. I just saw 3 peers leave because of the culture change. RSMs are just trying to keep their jobs. Our President likes articles written about his amazing leadership, but doesn't lead. He get paid a lot to speak to us at NSFs which aren't forums in platitudes, and he reads this. Let's see how quick this get deleted. Things disappear on here.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I answered "Yes" on the current Engagement Survey as to whether I was looking for another job.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Taco Bell has engagement surveys ?

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Due to APEX, Taco Bell is the only place we can cater