SERIOUS THREAD ATTEMPT: FUTURE ?

Discussion in 'Teva Neuroscience' started by Anonymous, Jul 28, 2014 at 5:59 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

have you seen the severance policy? it's probably the worst in the industry.

two weeks for every year of service with the company.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That is industry standard plus 8 weeks of WARN and unused earned vaca.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Original poster, did you stay or go? Are you happy with your decision?

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You are foolish. Original poster went nowhere. They are pondering on interviewing with Genzyme. Face it. There is no other competitor company hiring.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am the OP and currently remain with Teva. The companies that I am referring too are Genzyme and Biogen. Genzyme is upscaling the Aubagio Field Force since most Aubagio Reps will go with Lemtrada. Certainly my concern is like most...Aubagio is a small player and a tough sell on the down side. On the up side it doesn't have a generic and quotas are reasonable. It is also obvious to me if they decide it's not worth it the Aubagio Reps will go first. They are upscaling at the end of the year if Lemtrada comes...which it will. Biogen gas an opening in my area and have recruited me. I am holding them off because quite frankly I don't want to sell Avonex though new formulation will make it easier to transition.

I appreciate all the reasonable discussion. I understand the industry, and like most realize it is getting much worse due mainly to access issues. Certainly not as fun as it used to be, and Teva is no longer the Teva we tenured folks have known and loved.

By the way I loved the post above about mirroring Managers and Area Directors...priceless!!

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Now you can get better advice as others are contemplating the same. It's real hard to decide:
    1. Teva - a generic might not come out for a while or it might come out. Either way Cop 40 is a big player and will need a sales force. The patent is only good until 2017 and I doubt Laquinimod will come out. At any time Israel can cut us in half. That's where the risk is for Teva. It's no secret that with a mature drug we don't need two reps fighting each other or ignoring each other doing their own thing. Every rep wants to be the point of contact for the territory. The truth is you can get rid of one rep and sales will not suffer. So yes there is risk and uncertainty at Teva unless you are a hybrid lucky rep. But the money is good and you can ride the risk if you can put up with your partner who would love to see you leave.
    2.Genzyme- Aubagio doesnt sell and they are banking on Lemtrada making some money. With Genzyme you would work in a team but ultimately be the point of contact person for either Aubagio or Lemtrada. Lemtrada can fail and be pulled from the market or it can find its niche. There is room in the market for it. Genzyme can also have preg cat x removed from Aubagios label. The key with Genzyme is they need to offer you a higher base for you to take the risk. I'm not sure how much they get paid on bonuses. Don't go for a 20k bump in base. You might end up making less.
    3. Biogen- three good products. Bad thing is small territories with three reps stumbling over each other and a Manager who rides with reps every two weeks because he has a small territory as Weill. If the money is good in terms of base and you have an idea of what bonuses are like go for it. Personally I rather stay at Teva then to to Biogen.
    Finally think of other Divisions with Genzyme and Biogen. Biogen is in Hematology and Genzyme has a Rare Disease Division. Teva offers no room for growth.

Each company offers a risk. It'll all depend on your situation and your territory.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I would stay away from Genzyme.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It's much easier to get a new job if you have a job. Also, trust me, I've hired plenty of reps and a rep that has been laid off has ZERO leverage when it comes to negotiating salary, title, signing bonus, etcetera.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

TROLL ALERT - Here you went on almost exactly three years about cuts - TROLL

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Dude - why would anyone spend time that much time looking back to 2014.? What are you trying to hide?