Severance Package

Discussion in 'Allergan' started by anonymous, Aug 18, 2017 at 6:44 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Yeah, I was a quiet contemplative Forest legacy, who was exceptionally consistent in performing in the top % (4 time Pclub, on track this year to go too) because of my work ethic, knowledge, not on lists and an ability to listen and speak when spoken to by others. Unfortunately, management thought it was best for me to take my talents elsewhere. Thanks Forest, Actavis, and Allergan, I enjoyed the ride; que será, será.
    I wish only the best to my counterparts, DM, and peers- god speed. Take Care.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Welcome to the world of Corporate USA M&A! It will only get worse!

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Hey, just asking, as a former Allergan employee who left in July: did any the Women's Health sales force get laid (ok, a set up for sophomoric jokes) off last week. I reported into Allergan Irvine and saw the 109 folks will be laid off by October, did that affect the WHC team?

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Yes. Well, kind of. Exec Dir WHC reassigned. Exec Dir Mktg let go... on and on...

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

So I see lots of job openings ads at Allergan in Cali site yet layoffs? What is going on exactly here?

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Going where the cash pay market is.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I've heard nothing about my car, computer, phone, etc. Anyone heard anything?

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Nope! Haven't heard a word.
    Did anyone notice anything in the actual contract that we are to sign that mentioned beginning work externally and if it will affect severance pay? I only noticed it in the FAQ within the packet.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I had to turn in laptop and iPad last Friday.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I noticed this too, but didn't see any more details in the contract. Definitely need some clarification here

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I read it that external work would stop the WARN period payments, not severance payment.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You are an Allergan employee until the end of the WARN period. The day the WARN period ends is your termination date, on that date you are no longer an employee of Allergan and your severence will be paid.

If at any time of employment, WARN period or not, you choose to leave and terminate employment at Allergan, then Allergan would not be required to pay you severence.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

SO FALSE. If you find employment during the WARN period it does not jeopardize your severance. It means you are not paid for the rest of the WARN period, but you still get your stated severance benefit. Stop lying and trying to cause panic ASSHOLE.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Please provide a reference for a company being obligated to pay severence to employees who voluntarily leave a place of employment.

Everything I wrote is accurate. If a company decides to pay severence to those that leave during WARN act then they can, but they are not legally obligated to do so. Check severence documents to be sure of Allergan policy.

Oh...and fuck off!

From dept of Labor (pay special attention to the first sentence)

If I get a new job while I am receiving 60-days' pay instead of a WARN notice, is my employer required to continue paying me until the end of the 60 day period?

Your former employer can consider the acceptance of a new job as a voluntary termination from your old job. Since you now have a new job, your former employer may end the payments you were receiving instead of a notice—just as the remaining days of your 60-day WARN notice would no longer be in effect if you found new employment before the date of your layoff

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Why/ how would Allergan even know if you have a new job unless you're dumb enough to tell them? I've been through this 4,times in my 30 years in pharma and found a new gig each time well before severance kicked in. The longest I went between jobs was 4 weeks- kept my mouth shut and banked all 4 packages. Do the same- you owe this company zero.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I agree , you are this company nothing. However, if the new company finds out you did this it means you falsified documents. In my opinion getting caught is not worth whatever coin you banked. After 30 years in the industry, you think you know better. Maybe you got away with it when nothing was digital. It's a different era now. Good luck with this. I preferred to sleep at night.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

What documents were falsified?

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I didn't falsify anything at all. Gave full disclosure to each new employer that I was on a severance program.no company; including Allergan has ever had any policy precluding them from hiring new employees under such conditions. In short, why would a new company care that you are getting paid an exit package? It has absolutely nothing to do with them, so after 30 years I DO know better. Get your facts straight or simply remain silent.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

If I am interviewing during WARN period, is it required to disclose that I was displaced from the company? I guess what I'm asking is if a potential next employer calls Allergan, will they disclose this information? Since we are still technically employed through October 27th I did not disclose the displacement and just want to find out if anyone else has some insight on this. Appreciate any help here.

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

If another company calls to confirm your employment (which most don't) all Allergan will provide is the start and end date of your employment. If you are currently employed (WARN) you can ask your new potential employer to not call because your company "doesn't know I'm looking." This is a common situation. You can offer to provide your most recent pay stubs to prove employment, and your current rankings to prove your job title. This should not be an issue if you think it out and out and play it right