Severance

Discussion in 'GlaxoSmithKline' started by anonymous, Jan 19, 2019 at 7:46 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

That’s a fact Jack!

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Nope meant what I said. Speaking from your perspective.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

LOL, what is with the posters on here?!?

My karma ran over my dogma?? Makes no sense Jack. I really hope they get rid of the fluff and entitled morons that makes posts such as these. #truthhurts

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Hi buttercup :cool:

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Want to meet me sailor, I look just like jussie smollett :cool:

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Finally got severance today but GSK has misspelled my name TWICE on my 401k AND pension. Interesting “mistake,” open ticket in HR. They spelled my name right twenty years in a row except when they owe me close to a million dollars.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Received my severance today as well. Federal government got a HUGE portion of it. Won’t get the maximum amount until 2020, after I file my 2019 tax return. And because I split it, my severance in 2020 will also be heavily taxed, so looks like 2021 will be the year that my financial departure is official. Thankful nonetheless! Bring on the Q4 target bonus payout 3/6! Happily retired from GSK!

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Before splitting your severace did you a) consult with a tax accountant, and b) check to see if gsk could weasel out of the second half if there is a merger or spin-off?

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Absolutely! Accountant said from a tax bracket perspective, this was the way to go. With remaining vacation payout from 2018, last paycheck from 2018 being paid on January 6th, and Q4 bonus at target paid out in March, makes sense to take a larger amount of the severance in 2019 while already in a high tax bracket, and carryover a smaller amount at a lower bracket in 2020. Attorney says this is common, and GSK would be legally bound to pay out the remaining, since the Severance Agreement represents a contract. Good to go!

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Did Bob Shipley surrvie cuts