Severence

Discussion in 'Alcon' started by Anonymous, Mar 8, 2011 at 4:09 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What is the official severence policy at Alcon. Will this be modified for the expected terminations after the Novartis merger is complete next month?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I don't know about Alcon severance but I know someone who was laid off from Novartis in one of their big lay-offs about 5 years ago. She got 6 months salary and help with Cobra payments for health insurance. It was a very generous package. Of course that was before the economy took a nose dive so who knows what it would be now.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

this was already covered in a previous thread and i think he / she knew what they were talking about.

"Alcon reps selling eye and ear drops will get one week of spy for every year. They will also get a package of assorted smoked cheeses. Layoffs will start next week. Anyone staying on will have to masturbate in front of the Novartis board members."

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

2 weeks pay for every year employed.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Typically limited one year, salary only, no commission.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

If you are let go for performance it is typically 1/2 year salary. Of course, Novartis gets the better end of this; you sign almost all rights away to file a future grievance.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Life is going to be tough on the road ahead. When you suck and get sacked, you are entitled to a kick in the arse.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Severances differ depending on whether you are salaried or hourly.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

How long do you have to be employed by Novartis?

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Typically it's 5 years but they could make exceptions.