Sexual Harassment

Discussion in 'Novo Nordisk' started by anonymous, Feb 13, 2018 at 8:32 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Novo Nordisk must do a better job at protecting its female employees against sexual harassment. There have been numerous occasions where men in leadership positions sexually harassed women and NOTHING was done. I’m tired of it. I’ve called HR, I’ve completed a online complaint anonymously (due to fearing for my job) and NOTHING. I don’t know what else to do except to get an attorney. I really didn’t want to take that path but jeez Novo, step up your HR team because they really like to bury things under the rug, especially if the man in question is well liked or is connected. Simply wrong and things need to change!!!

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Couldn’t agree more!!!!!

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

When are you going to learn? HR is NOT your friend!

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I watched a connected leader in the Marketing Department blatantly sexually harass a young female employee during a training. I feel terrible I didn't report, but I was afraid of retaliation. It seems like this behavior is status quo.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It’s time to stop being silent. Sexual harassment and inequality in the workplace can stop if WE speak up!! We can start by filing an anonymous complaint to HR if there is fear of losing your job (which is wrong, the law is on your side). HR might not be our friend, however, they have a legal obligation to do what’s right!!! If we stay silent, things will never change. We have the power to make a change and many companies are changing due to people speaking up. It is time Novo leadership realizes the sexual harassment and inequality that still continues, and this is unacceptable! Our leaders must STOP abusing their power!!!

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Yes, sexual-harassment is rampant at NNI at all levels. Yes, you are also right to doubt appropriate responses from HR and compliance and fear retaliation from everyone. Novo is decades behind other companies and even other Pharma companies. My advice is to leave as you will be so much happier and so many other companies truly value women as demonstrated through their consistent actions. Novo’s response is still “you are just too sensitive”, “you just need to get along with others “, or “can’t you take a joke”. This is the NNI Way and culture... smile, don’t make waves, and look the other way.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I totally agree, I was there ten years and at a fairly high level myself and still feared retaliation. Looking back I can’t believe how awful the HR team was, more worried about being seen as a strong business partner (even though they barely understood the business) than about protecting employees.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Yes, Sharon was horrible. I was told when I started that in order to succeed you need to suck up to her and those that surround her. I didn’t understand because it was shocking to me that HR was not a neutral entity. It still isn’t. HR and compliance still want to be “liked” versus doing what’s right by policy and all employees. I left and am very happy but if you decide to litigate, please post. I have many shocking encounters that I’d be happy to testify.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I'll try this again as my post from yesterday got pulled quickly.

The one that's a problem is SDWI. Inappropriate relationships with lower-level females in the same department.

On top of that he's an ignorant racist (I'm Caucasian), as evidenced by his abusive jokes at his 'comedy show'. I'm shocked beyond belief that Nick didn't take Novo to the bank given how he was abused.

So what happened to SDWI ?

He got promoted. Shameful. Plus, he's never delivered a single thing of value to the company. Ever.

Shame on Doug too. You've seen his behaviors more than once. Poor judgement to even have him around.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The one that's a problem is SDWI. Inappropriate relationships with lower-level females in the same department.

On top of that he's an ignorant racist (I'm Caucasian), as evidenced by his abusive jokes at his 'comedy show'. I'm shocked beyond belief that Nick didn't take Novo to the bank given how he was abused.

So what happened to SDWI ?

He got promoted. Shameful. Plus, he's never delivered a single thing of value to the company. Ever.

Shame on Doug too. You've seen his behaviors more than once. Poor judgement to even have him around.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

So it's okay when a female sexually harasses a male? It goes both ways Ms. Ignoranceisbliss

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I call total BS!! I am female and have been with Novo for 15 years and have never experienced this.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Looked in the mirror lately?

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

re post #13 - how can you possibly think that just because you weren’t sexually harassed, it doesn’t happen. Come on, you’re smarter than that.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

One way we can out NN sexual harassment predators is to list their name in bold print here. It’s a start. Why give them the respect of keeping their name on the down low. EXPOSE THEM, this is one way to STOP them.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Of course. Let's post a bunch of names of people we don't like and tell everyone they sexually harass others. Why not say they are also convicted felons while you're at it? Great example of the classic "I can say anything about anyone without any burden of proof and hide behind anonymity". You are why this website sucks 95% of the time.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

What about the ladies who made public accusations of Matt Lauer, Harvey Weinstein and Kevin Spacey to name a few. If they kept quiet those men would still be sexual predators. Instead they were all fired and rightly so. Sometimes the only way to feel safe in a sexual harassment situation is to report it anonymously. Those who make the comments like the one above clearly hasn’t had experience being sexually assaulted and sound very ignorant. Women are fearful and if they have been sexually harassed anyway in the work place, the name of the harasser should be exposed and investigated immediately!! If HR doesn’t investage call the law and report it. It’s time to STOP poor behavior by men and women in the work place!!

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

S Texas would be a perfect example.