shady organization?

Discussion in 'Mimedx' started by Anonymous, Mar 31, 2013 at 3:49 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

what is the story here?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sell quickly or get fired quicker, lucky there are no jobs for guys with Dui's

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Heard it is the same approach as a former company many of them use to work for. Tick tock. Tick tock.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

their epifix product seems to work faster than Dermagraft. i know some people in wound care and its starting to push apligraft and dermagraft out.

Dont know jack squat about the company itself though.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I was in a VA last week and the nurse told me to come back another time b/c OIG was investigating the use of Mimedx.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

being investigated for off label use and paying docs

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

At least make an intelligent post. Please enlighten me as to what the "label" is for MiMedx products? Better do your research on the products and the FDA regulation before you go around spreading BS. This isn't a simple one solution product like the POS Dermagraft or Apligraf you represent.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

off label is not the issue. but there are many other issues. tick tock.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

There are many companies out there with amniotic tissue. Most of the one's I've come across seem to get their product from Memphis Bio-D. Some of these same companies also are run with a lack of formality, (read: no protected territory) and a non-comp that reads like a phone book.

I heard the MiMedx has some coding for ASC's but I don't see how it would be different than any other amniotic tissue provider.

So how is MiMedx any different?

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

ASC doesnt matter for now. Focus is on VA's and flipping Dermagraft docs. Dont have reimbursement yet but will happen and then they will start flipping private Dermagraft docs.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

They've already flipped them. Just google "epifix case studies" and you will see all the old DG VA DPM's now doing case studies from Mimedx. Even better they all have like a 90% healing rate with one piece...magic! Then go to your nearest VA and witness all the epifix being delivered on a golf cart and the DG freezers being carted out. The OIG is on to this....

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Well, you can tell that these last 2 posts are worth nothing and not credible. EpiFix has a Q code and is reimbursed by 5 of the 9 LCDs. Once again, DG reps getting their panties in a bunch because their product is 15 years old and challenging to use. Better technology comes along with time.......easy to use, minimal waste, and surprise.....it works.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

on average I'm seeing epifix applied 8-11 consecutive weeks in my VA's, however their VA case studies claim 1 or 2 applications. I was told epifix is $1000. more than DG per piece.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What about Grafix? Now starting to see this used as well. Not sure if they are targeting DG of Epi, regardless looks like another player in this already crowded market

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

OIG/DOJ are on to the ongoing conflict from DG/Mimedx. Many of the same people paying for the business/providing special services.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

all the ex-DG reps that are all now Mimedx reps flipped all that VA DG biz over to Mimedx and all their case studies are done by DPM's that were big DG users.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I think some of you have it backwards. Shire is being investigated by the OIG, not Mimedx. Get your facts straight.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Soon. Practices of ABH, are now Mimedx. Good luck!

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Re: shady organization?...systagenix ?

Is KCI going to sell Epifix?

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What do physicians think of Epifix vs Grafix in general? Pros / cons?