Shatkin FIRST, Intra Lock Primary Distributor

Discussion in 'Intra-Lock' started by Anonymous, Apr 24, 2012 at 9:18 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I came across this website:

http://www.shatkinfirst.com/implant-products

Seems like this is the primary distributor for the implants this company sells. Don't they also have a direct sales force? How that work? The sales people are competing against the distributors?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

They have another huge distributor:

http://www.ultimatics.com/

I think the reps call on the distributors, that is the only way that could work. Manufacturer reps. They dont sell directly to the docs placing these implants. Only the distributors do.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

PO Box with no street address-kind of sketchy.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

We do have to compete against these distributors, this is one of the many reasons we are making no progress selling. I have been w co. quite a while now, and have sold virtually nothing. Asking for ideas, marketing plans, or anything that will increase sales from management is like asking a 4 year old how to design a nuclear power plant. As soon as I can find another gig I am out of here. As much as this board is portrayed as BS, most of what is said about this particular company is spot on. Stay away from these people as an employee or customer. About as bad as it gets.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You must be a "schill" pretending to be with the company.. Most likely the fired rep from Connecticut.
    By the way, the only person ever to be fired!!

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

They did fire that lady in Philly also.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

"Don't walk away Renae, you won't see me follow you back home"

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Fired a manager in Texas as well. As usual Jose is lying.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

He best be carefulness with his accusations. Very dangerous for him from a legal perspective. Jose better be correct in his assumptions.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That's a great song reference

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

For this idiot manager to make assumptions on an anonymous board that he not only knows who is posting, but knows the details of the anonymous persons life is quite simply not possible. A shill? Maybe, but maybe an existing employee posting, pretending to be an ex employee. Very common tactic. Anonymous is just that anonymous. This manager should really look hard at his current employees, not quite as loyal or friendly as some of them may seem. Take that advice for what its worth.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Phillip rep, texas manager fired. Another Texas rep left on bad terms. Seems to be a pattern and it seems Jose is lying again. There are seven unhappy reps here too. Umm.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The ongoing conversations about lack of marketing, and lack of trade show presence is what is keeping these products from selling. Even if the products were the best, no one knows about them, because there is currently very little marketing happening. It makes us think that the company does not have the money to spend on promotion and marketing. Why does it take so long to get paid our expenses? Most companies its within days. Why should the reps have to front the companies expenses and then wait weeks and weeks to get reimbursed? Reports-never worked for a company that asked for more reports - about nothing. If this company spend the same efforts on marketing and promotion as it does on internal reporting we may be able to make some progress. One last small item-lower the prices on the implants. Way too expensive. Jose knows it all, but the whole operation is failing. Waiting until we build momentum is not going to cut it. We need solid management.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Let me add to that-the distributors are doing education events, and selling the Minis. We are not part of that. Shatkin is doing a better job of marketing than the company itself is. Problem. I can say that a of the couple sales people are in talks with Shatkin to join his operation and expand it greatly. Be prepared.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Shatkin sells a shitload of these minis because he presents them as a way for the GPs to start placing full size implants after they get their feet wet with the minis. Unfortunately, the GP's who are switching to placing full size implants, aren't sticking with Intra-Lock implants. They go to 3I, MIS, Nobel, etc. Why is that Jose? Why aren't any efforts made to convert Shatkin's doctors into Blossom or the other full size implants? Why, because you know nothing about marketing and promotion. Anyone else would be able to leverage the minis to sell the high profit products. As everyone here is saying, your time has passed, you are ineffective, wrong position for you. TG Should have chosen a more competent manager.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Why does Jose respond to these so called idiots, but when a serious question from his sames team comes up, he's quiet? Maybe because he has answers for the idiot, but none for his own employees. Pretty ironic, but understandable and expected,

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Most likely because he is better at insulting and acting like a 5 year old than actually running a sales organization and acting like an adult.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This state is total BS. 8 happy rep, 1 quit (texas) no he can't find a job. Only 2 bozo got fired.

The guy in Connecticut who REFUSED to make a sales call and the same with Philly!!!

Less turnover than Straumann, Nobel or 3i!!!

Keep crying loser!!

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No one from Texas is unemployed. Independent rep left but she still carried multiple lines. Texas Manager was let go but found another opportunity. Texas Rep that left company last year had another opportunity that he went to, but he left on good terms.

Misinformation of this site is crazy. Intra-Lock is not a bad company and they have a decent product. Of course they are not perfect but who is?

Biggest issues are:

Slow on paying expenses
    US reps have to compete against two US Distributors (Mostly on the mini side)
    No name recognition
    Weekly reports breaking down daily sales calls and miles driven in between dental offices
    Paid once a month with no paystubs
    No net 30 billing for customers
    US Manager has no clue on managing or US market

Pluses are:

Innovative product with lots of restorative options
    Mini and traditional implants

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Very experienced with this co. Let me add to the accurate info the PP mentioned. I agree there are no former reps who are unemployed. Intra-lock was a Huge mistake in my case particularly since upon starting I learned the exact issues mentioned here-no consistent pay, competition with distributors, limited marketing, expense reimbursement issues, and most importantly job stability issues. So many in that scenario would put a priority on finding another job immediately. Fruitlessly working for a company like this would only result in failure. My decision was to get out ASAP since management completely misrepresented position during the interview process. I chalk it up as a huge mistake. Unemployed- definitely not I would say that my current position as a sales manager came about because of the time I wasted with intra-lock. My little geographic area and dozen reps do more business in a week than this company does in the entire country in a month. So let Jose believe that all the former Intra-Lock people are unemployed and getting section 8 housing and food stamps. Reality of course is that we are all working and doing better than him. One day one of us may even have the opportunity to interview Jose or Jeff and most likely take a pass on them for a more qualified candidate.