Shire is a joke

Discussion in 'Shire' started by anonymous, Dec 27, 2018 at 3:49 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

third class company run like a circus no one know what they or anyone else is doing
    Everyone here thinks they are so important with all the conference calls
    Like hearing themselves talk they all want applause and recognition for doing what they are paid to do
    Enough on the conference calls with ,"I'd like to give a big shout out to,....
    I like to give a big shout out hey shut the fuck up you just a sales person or a mid level manager that serves no useful purpose
    I can not wait until I secure a position with a real company that does business the right way

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

yes, this is the same for those not in the sales also. the emails and videos ‘Andy with Andy’ for R&D are condescending. We understand that the axe needs to falls...but please ‘reward’ us for staying on....

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Laughter is an expression of our essential humanity,

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Please send this to Brandon Monk

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

must agree been here 2.5 years and it is a circus late bonus payments changing quotas no support home office not supporting field reps too many conference calls and webinars people just making busywork I am actively pursuing other opportunities with more solid companies

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Like rats on the titanic. Everyone is looking to jump ship

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

prime example of Shire employee, well done !

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Correction - Shire was a joke. Buh-Bye

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Some people are jumping without a lifeboat. That’s how bad it is. Fleming meanwhile is....

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

A couple of things I got from Shire. I got a raise and two nice bonus checks. I got a couple of months break on working pre Xiidra launch. I had a great boss for my first 2 years. I made some new and cherished friends in my NBU counterparts. I loved my original team.

I’m disappointed with many things, but mostly the misrepresentation of what Shire OBU was going to be, the culture beyond my region, the very poor management from ZD up, the lack of managed care access and communication, and the unfairness of the bonus & ranking system and availability of resources for less advantaged territories, not just mine, all of them.

I was going to stick with it regardless of the numerous offers from other companies. I thought a buy out would be positive. But, our Leadership is not changing so I will be resigning. Im sick of hearing MCs monologues on how great our culture is. It’s not. I’ve been with many companies and through many buyouts. Our culture is pathetic. There is little trust. In the three years I’ve been here management has made empty promises and plenty of outright lies.
    We’ve never had goals on time. We’ve never had the managed care coverage they have promised or told us we had. We took the brunt of inept forecasting. Many of us never had a KAM or FAM but MC admitted that those territories had a huge increase. The rest of us didn’t need bonus or ranking? We never saw the new products that were promised. Drug for Retinopathy of Prematurity, a drug for bacterial or viral infections, Retina drugs. Most of us came here to launch a new division with new & novel productS with an S. We knew we had to start with DED, but what happened to that fantastic pipeline.

Good reps left for companies like Sun and Aerie just to get out of this place. What a shame.

We will all survive this in different ways. I have learned some lessons along the way. I thank my hiring manager. Send love to my teammates who are holding tight as well as those who are jumping ship and to my NBU reps who are in a bad situation as well. I wish the best for all of you.

As for JS and MC, I hope you will look at the number of reps who did not hit quota and the money they didn’t take home to their families. You are responsible. I hope you will look at the mass exodus of reps, KAMS and RMs. People don’t leave good management. They will stick with most anything if they have trust and respect for their leaders. It’s obvious that is not the case in the OBU.
    There is a mirror on your bathroom wall. Stand in front of it and look hard at yourself. Both of you were reps. Would you accept what you are dishing out to us? Management is not only about the money. It’s about doing the right thing. It’s about the people who wake up every morning and hit the streets. Those who come home at night and do planning and paperwork. Those who are up early on weekends working before their spouse & kids wake so they can try to eek out a few more 90 day rxs or Ask Iiris enrollments because you asked them to. Those people who walk in accounts every day and take the heat for step edits, non coverage and prior authorizations. Those people who expected a decent bonus check in return.

Good luck to you all.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This is one of the most heartfelt, well written posts I have read on here. In all honesty, while everything written is true and starts with the leadership, they really don’t care. Flem and his team, especially Perry are programed to come into companies, prop up their value through smoke n’ mirrors and then sell it for as much as they can. It has been their M.O. for years now. They are truly sociopathic and things like retention rates, IC engagement and employee satisfaction are not in their vocabulary.

My advice is save a copy of this and post it anywhere this gypsy leadership team shows up at. Hopefully they made enough off your efforts to go away and never be heard from again......, and then let karma do its thing.

Good luck to you comrade. Enjoy your family first before any job and don’t worry you’ll be fine.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Thanks. I’m sure I will get pounded by some for my comments, but I spoke truth, not from anger or revenge, but from disappointment in those I trusted. I will be fine and glad to be leaving pharma for good. Shire’s OBU left me with a bad feeling for the industry I have loved and dedicated my career and time to.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Was JS and MC ever reps.? If they were it was so long ago they have forgotten what it was really like and lost their perspective. As with most leadership they always claim “when I carried the bag” but it’s either a lie or so long ago that they don’t remember. To admit on a call that you made mistakes is admirable, but to not correct the wrong doing just shows everyone leadership just doesn’t care. Yes we are loosing reps to other companies, but they don’t seem to care. They sure are NOT trying to retain anyone. I am looking as well and I will find the right thing soon. Good luck to everyone.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Hahahaha. This is such BS. Everyone is aweful but you and the manager who hired you? Nobody promised you anything but a pay check, some health benefits, and a bonus plan that is up to you to hit. Crazy entitled sales reps! You’re right, you need to leave.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I couldn't have said it better myself! I agree with everything you said. I had a great hiring manager who I respected as well who went to bat for his team and called the BS out on the carpet when he saw it. His replacement was a new, green, kiss her ZDs ass and spew forth the corporate line know nothing. She alienated the entire team, never gained anyone's trust and many have left because of it, myself included.
    You are supposed to under promise and over deliver, people don't leave good management they leave bad management and that's what we received these three years....Bad mana, empty promises, and lip service.
    I'm gone and on to better things but I have many friends and colleagues still here, I left and went to at a place that was scary for me to take that leap, it's a start up but even then the culture really is there and taking more shape each day, we are helping build it. I actually trust what I'm told from management bc I've seen the words turn into action and it's refreshing. The check the box mentality isn't there and I LOVE IT.
    I hope you are leaving to something great as well and that all of us who have experienced this void that is Shire and the OBU can take away what you and I have and put it to good use in the future.
    To those saying this post (and probably mine) are crap you need to grow up and look in the mirror as well. Realizing your need for change is the first step in growth, some just get there quicker than others. Stop being sheep, if that mind numbing environment and mentality works for you, you are too blind to see you are being led to slaughter.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Really? The joke is- you decide to leave (your choice and good for you) but you decide to come on CP to bash and make your final goodbye? That makes you the joke. Nobody takes what people write on here seriously but for some reason this is where you chose to “be heard”? Hate to tell you this but the joke is on you!

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Exactly the arrogant, malinformed mindset that goes along with leaders like Perry. There are many companies out there that promise a career and a healthy work environment. They trust employees and are concerned with making their company one “where people want to work”. Not here......., buh-bye!

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

^^^ says the poor jealous person who can’t get a job in outside sales. You obviously aren’t in sales because you don’t know or understand the promises that were repeated made tonight s. You keep that pathetic jealously rotting you away, you nasty little low life person

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Congratulations to you!