Should I work here??

Discussion in 'AMAG Pharmaceuticals' started by anonymous, Feb 9, 2016 at 4:52 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Hi all,

I'm coming from an industry where contracts rule the game. It doesn't matter how great of a sales person you are, If you don't have a major contact with a hospital, you are not getting very much business. I have been pursued for an open AMAG role selling Makena. I already know the product as I already sell it with my current infusion company. Is it really that bad at AMAG?? What are some of the challenges? I keep reading that the prices keep going up. Is there terrible coverage for commercial insurance patients? The $ seems good for this position so any insight is appreciated. Thank you!

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The sheer fact that you come to this board to find out if you should work here doesn't say much about you or your lack of research outside of cafe pharma to figure out if you should take a job. Sounds like you are not even in pharma, so why do you think you can get a so called "biologics" position? A dying company and a dying product. Stock is in the toilet and you will not be respected in the field. Therefore you should definitely take the job since you probably fit right in given your background, lack there of. You won't last.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Wow- nice attitude! I've done my research & come from pharma originally. I am on the fence based on my research that is why I came on here to see what people have to say. Why are you so rude to people?!

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The original question is pathetic. Loser.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

That attitude of thevAMAG jerk employee is why younor Inshoyld not accept an offer here. This site is to help people make decisions. If people on this site can't stick together and help,each other, then why does it exist. Bitter people like you don't deserve to earn a 6 figure salary.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I agree. Makes me wish I would have kept my old job. Bad attitudes can ruin a company.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

What is going on in NY? Manhattan, Queens, and LI positions open. Everyone leave or fired?

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Sales reps are leaving on their own accord due to the pathetic compensation plan. Reps who have a goal of only "7" cord blood enrollments and bring in "10" (pennies of revenue), are making tens of thousands more in bonuses compared to major market reps who make AMAG millions per quarter. Unless you're considering to manage a territory in Idaho or Hicksville, you will not make any money.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Then do more research. New viewer and I am telling you the same. No future and 95% have left in the past 2 years. More want to leave, but can't get offers. Bonus is almost zero unless you live in FL, TX or NY.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Actually the people here are amazing, including management. They are some of the best people I have had the pleasure to work with. This issue is the compensation is low and bonuses are almost non existant. They will not tell you that up front. A commodity sale too.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This job and your bonus are what you make of it. Quit complaining and go to work.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

WTF! Is wrong with you people. Should I go to work here or there? It's tough to make bonus, my God your all pathetic. I troll the boards to laugh at you dip shits. I was smart got my big payout 3 times, saved, inherited over a million and I'm 50. Guess what I'm a millionaire and I do as I please with no worries. My main job is to let you know that you are what you are which is a bunch of losers. My private is small, butt to big, breast to small. Jeez complain all three time.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Drunk Abbvie MOLE PFHAG

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Lost on the derby, can I borrow a few thou??

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

No you should not work here. I am making half of what I am used to making. They lie to us all the time about money.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

What an ass of an answer. They came here because when given current employees numbers in the interview process, they all lie out of fear they will get fired if they don't. The same reps who lied to me and told me they loved AMAG, either quit right after I started or they are currently looking to get out. Everyone is miserable here. That's why there is a 90 percent turnover rate.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The AMAG people are jerks. Grow up or leave this company. I am embarrassed that my teammates are such jerks. I mean really?

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

What did you mean by saying they need to "grow up" What exactly do they lie about? Are things getting any better with sales?