Should Reps be in the Field Still?

Discussion in 'TherapeuticsMD' started by anonymous, Mar 13, 2020 at 11:17 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
?

Should reps still be in the field?

1. Keep reps in the field regardless of potential risk

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Pull the reps until the virus is controlled

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

With deaths and new cases of coronavirus rising by the hour, should reps still be in the field?

It has been said that symptoms appear 2-14 days after exposure.
    If a rep who has been exposed sees only 4 small offices with 15 people working in each office per day, that is 60 exposures per day.
    Multiply by 5 days in the work week and that raises to 300 exposures per week.

The entire west coast has banned gatherings of 250 people and quarantines are in affect across the nation, yet a company that is about improving the lives of women has their reps out potentially exposing in excess of 300 people per week who directly work with pregnant women and women over 60 who are both considered high risk groups.

Do the benefits of getting these medications to patients in the short term outweigh the potential risk?

This question applies equally to any company with reps that call on healthcare providers who see high risk patients.

Thoughts?

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

We are going into offices with pregnant and menopausal women . I already have multiple health systems close to reps... I predict the rest will follow this week and there will be no where for me to go anyway. The company needs to address that and follow the other companies that have already told reps to stay home for the next few weeks.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This company is not worth your long-term health. They would terminate you in a heartbeat without severance pay - and that is a fact. Stay home with your families.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Despicable lack of leadership. This company looked promising, but with all the alarm bells sounding they tell reps to increase frequency on offices that are open. If suddenly several cases get linked in different offices and correlate to a reps logged calls, this and other pharma companies are in for some huge lawsuits. They say they want to bring the good elements of Pfizer, yet Pfizer pulled reps for the safety of employees and customers. Salary bumps were a nice gesture, but management's true colors have been placed on display.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

That is horrible!!!! Unbelievable- they must be thrilled with themselves that they gave everyone raises while 30 people lost their jobs and now during a time like this-and make their reps work in the field -what jerks. They don’t care about you or your health- stay home.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

They already did that- lol- those people can’t find jobs now that everything has stopped. Who is hiring when a pandemic is happening?

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It is incomprehensible that leadership has not banned reps from making sales calls. This is incompetence at its best due to the tremendous lack of judgement and disrespect for our customers and their patients. Senior leadership should be terminated right away. I had an offer to leave but it is on hold right now due to the pandemic. Hopefully we will be back to normal soon and life and my career can move on.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

well at least you have a job!!! Some of us got laid off right before this shit. We got nothing for severance- so consider yourself lucky!!!

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

While the move was slow, I'd like to thank management for now allowing reps to work from home for the foreseeable future. It is the right thing to do and there is plenty that a rep can do from home.
    Take care of your families and communities first and lets be thankful for what we have.
    My thoughts go out to the reps who were recently laid off as I've been there too.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

thanks- but this situation is drastically different from any other lay off during any other time period. This pandemic has halted any kind of hiring/interviews etc. Not to mention- when things get “back to normal” I’m assuming more lay offs - since no one is making money right now. Let alone a company with 1$ stock. I can’t wait to see the success Gish will bring! HA!

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I hope Gish and leadership gets coronavirus

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I have been in pharma a long time. I have never seen a company terminate people like this one - leaving them on the street without severance. Their total disregard for people’s livelihoods are evident even in BI management, who would rather fire reps whose % Medicare was more than 60%. That rhetoric by Finizio is simply that, this company does Not care about people.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Whole heartedly agree with you! I loved working there- and thought it was a company that truly cared about their employees and patients- and wanted to do things a new way -“not pharma way” and I was completely 100% wrong. I’m not just bitter- I’m really sad- because they are all the same. What a shame.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Reps are back in the field.as you heard Cramer say covid Is over . Go back to work or I’m going to have to fire your ass

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Not only are we being pressured to go in the field but managers are also riding with us! It makes both the company and us look bad. There is no reason to be in the field with reps when offices are barely letting us in. It's not helping us get rxs and possibly damaging the relationships we have. Not all managers are riding with reps.... so why do certain managers think this is necessary? Management needs to stop micromanaging and trust those of us who are left are happy to still have a job at this point.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I wouldn’t be impressed with management at this point. They had Vanize Andrade, who has lied and invited sexual innuendo from candidates during interviews, at the helm of BI. Next in the pecking order was C Starr, who gave us.. Edge - an SFA nowhere near the credence of Veeva. This is a company that could care less about people, and will (and have) thrown people in the street without so much as a severance check.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Agreed! No reason for managers to be flying around and trying to ride with reps to make sure we are banging down doors whether our offices like it or not. It's a very bad look for the company at this time. There's no reason we can't zoom them in if they really feel the need to be present in our territory. I do get it though. Managers are trying to demonstrate their own value to the company to protect their own jobs. They are in a tough spot as well.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Multiple Layoffs, taking reps out of the field late into a pandemic, and now sending reps back to the field early WITH their manager?

Other than raises for a few of the reps, I can’t think of anything positive to say about this godforsaken company

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

No- the rioters/looters and BLM spread the Coronavirus all over and made it much more dangerous

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Okay, let's find someone to blame for the spread ...insert BLM
    The spread DEFINITELY didn't come from people refusing to wear masks and states reopening far before the recommendation deemed responsible- its so easy to point the blame at others instead of seeing the fault in all.
    In contrast, all states had BLM events, yet states mainly in the sunshine belt that reopened quickly, has had a surge in cases. Unfortunately for you, pointing your blame to one type of activity seems ridiculous especially given the facts. Maybe, next time you should do more research before attempting to spread a false narrative on a website.