Should we expect a layoff?

Discussion in 'Syneos Health' started by anonymous, Jul 25, 2018 at 10:26 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

After the GSK announcement today, do you think we should expect a layoff? Or perhaps product or geographical changes? I am sure they do know what changes are coming - just wish they would tell us instead of dragging it out.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

We should expect something similar to what happened last year around June. There will probably be some that are let go due to changing needs of GSK. After advair goes generic, they will probably shrink headcount in each district and of course we will be the first to go. If your district has cuts, then you're out. Some of us will survive. I'd expect the entire asthma advair asthma team to get cut. Embedded reps will be kept on an as-needed basis. All depending on your district needs. I wish we had a timeline but I fear it'll just be when advair goes generic but no one knows when that'll happen.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Honestly hard to say, GSK is up to something but can’t get a good read. I would encourage you to find a stable job though. Go read the GSK board, not all is well here.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Just let go from Syneos GSK Breo contract. GSK is laying off 1-2 in every district on every product team starting with those who aren't at Regional Sales Goal. If you sell Breo your days are numbered whether you are embedded or on the Asthma team. Time to look around fast!!

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Come on people ! this is contract work.. it will 100% end...who knows, they company doesn't , they wish it could go on forever..makes everyone money....Always be looking from day 1

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Can you elaborate on how this lay off occurred? Was it a call with multiple reps or was it just you and your ftm? I find it hard to believe GSK is laying off teams due to individual sales numbers so any specifics of what you were actually told as the reason for being laid off would be appreciated. And, I'm sorry you were let go, I hope you find something quick.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This process started seriously in April with "serious" discussions with GSK DM @ not meeting sales goals; you're doing ok, get better, see you later. 1 week later Syneos DM calls to say GSK wants me out. That's how it started for several of us. GSK is absolutely all about the numbers, rightly so. However the process was not about helping me improve results, instead it was 3 months of constant abuse and documentation. GSK will reorg so Syneos will reorg the contract in the near future (Q4 or Q1 2019). Time to pack your parachute and look for options. If your Syneos history is good, Syneos HR will help you find another contract.