Since layoffs, new job/ company are you better off?

Discussion in 'Sanofi' started by anonymous, Jun 26, 2020 at 8:26 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Better off

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Sanofi and layoffs go hand in hand. Ita been this way for 25 years . Layoffs looming every year . Christmas and Thanksgiving mean layoffs to any Sanofi employee. Hudson was brought in to slash and burn. 10 years ago Sanofi basically got out of Oncology and layed off hundreds of oncology reps. Now Hudson is saying were back in Oncology. The most incompetent pharma company in history.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I'm better off now but you never know what'll happen in this industry. The good thing though is since I've left Sanofi which was first part of 2018 I've made a ton more money. I was making around 95K salary at Sanofi and am now making 148K not including a lot more in bonus, a much nicer car, great benefits, good vacation, and best of all... I'm not working with all of those damn counterparts. Sanofi messed up when they put the most incompetent people in charge at the corporate level. Toujeo was the laugh of the industry. Even worse than Soliqua. It's not better at all than Lantus. They denied it was an extension of Lantus and charge a lot more for it. Pathetic.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Yes. Working on the other side of the detail piece as a physician assistant. More job security for sure, but more stress, more hours, more responsibility & liability.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

If I might ask, are you still in pharma? That is a nice bump.

I'll go even further and state that it is worse than Lantus. Look at the studies in the PI. Less potent, takes more insulin to acheive the same goal. The 36 hour claim was an outright lie, if you called on PC you could get away with that bc they didn't really care.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

nice. were you able to go to school while working? Looked into that years ago but would have had to take 2-3 years off from work, wasn't/isn't feasible. Good for you.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Excellent job. Using Sanofi to better your career to become a PA. Job well done. Good to hear a success story. Sanofi hates its employees so using them to further your career is awesome.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Disappointed once I was let go. There were other options that could have been explored , but Hudson was brought in to chop head count.
    Landed on my feet, came to the conclusion that Sanofi cannot launch a product but worse yet cannot support a product. Undermined by home office personal who lost touch with the field force. Some how most of them survive.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Sanofi can't launch a drug or support the marketing of it. Sanofi corporate are quitters . They can't help it as that's the french culture . Surrender- put your white flag at the end of your rifle - throw the rifle on the ground- hands in the air. French children start in training on this from their parents and grandparents and great grandparents as they had lots of practice.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

[

QUOTE="anonymous, post: 6416917"]Yes. Working on the other side of the detail piece as a physician assistant. More job security for sure, but more stress, more hours, more responsibility & liability.[/QUOTE]

That's stupid, do you only sign for samples or are you a nice PA. Know reps who became PA and were assholes later

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

No... I'm still in pharma. First of all I was way underpaid at Sanofi as a hospital rep. I call on IDN's and specialty accounts again. I've got a bigger territory and the pressure is greater since I don't share accountability but that's fine with me. I don't want to coordinate with counterparts. The only people I coordinate with is our Ntl Account Director and MSL and I love it. I also like calling on different call points aside from just providers in the office. You should try to find a position like that. Once you break into key accounts or hospital accounts you really build your resume. Also try to get into Rare Disease even if it's something you hate for a while. If you can just do it for a year you'll be much more marketable and make a lot more money.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

So better after leaving Sanofi. There are companies that value there employees, pay them well, and treat them like adults. Sanofi is the worst ever.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Way better off after last layoff. Was so tired of the annual Thanksgiving , Christmas layoffs and the toxic culture. You get numb to it but as soon as you went to a POA and were treated like shit, shared a room, forced to try to make a flight home at 5pm when they kept you until 4pm and miss your flight I'm glad to be out of it . Total disregard for reps lives. The meetings were beyond terrible, late bonus checks, altered comp plans , raising goals to reduce payouts. Sanofi deserves every bit of misery that comes it's way. No working in Rare Disease with company that treats you like your human. It was a shock to be treated with respect and dignity. Sanofi is like working in the penal system.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I heard that you received the penal system from your hotel roommate at the last Sanofi poa. It’s been said that you enjoyed it.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

sanofi national anthem: Never leave your buddies behind.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Yep it was a KY jelly time. Roommates at POA's. How cheap can a company be??