Sinking ship

Discussion in 'AMAG Pharmaceuticals' started by anonymous, Aug 21, 2018 at 1:24 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I’m interviewing for a job here at AMAG but I’ve heard from reps in the field that this is a sinking ship. Any truth to that? How is it selling the new makena device?

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Don’t do it! Lay offs are looming, mark my words. Q4 or Q1 will be a blood letting.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

why do you say that? Future looks good here.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

really!?! For who? Our money maker drug, the one that built up both maternal health & women’s health went generic. Plus they sold off the other money maker. You think the AI can sustain an entire sales force and organization? I don’t think so. I’ve been interviewing, so have my colleagues. I even had a recruiter ask me, “what’s going on over there? I’ve been hearing from nothing but AMAG ppl?”

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I don't necessarily believe there will be lay-offs in maternal health. They know w/o reps on the ground, all the scripts will be switched and all biz will be gone. If their goal is to keep a quarter of the original sales, they will need the bodies in the field. Fear and uncertainly will weed the numbers down over time. Having said that, I don't know who would start a new job here at this time, unless you were unemployed or couldn't find any other options.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

What about women’s Health? I saw an opening posted

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Iwas contacted by a recruiter, too. What’s the comp plan?

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Is AMAG going to get Palatin’s bremelanotide for HSDD after March PDUFA? What do you think?

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Do not work here. You will be underpaid and not treated with respect if you are a female. In 2018, we had 5 people leave our oncology team in just a few months. We were all miserable. My manager only had 2 people left on the team. There is no future, and the ones staying in oncology who say “I want to see where this job takes me”.... have lost their minds. It will take them to the unemployment line in the next 2 years. There are no new products coming like they promised us.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

guess who is undercutting and making the generic version of your recent loss of exclusivity woman's health product....a subsidiary of your IDA product.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Haha haha

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Yeah, you stupid fuck, we are driving 80% share with our own branded generic. Keep the $$ flowing AMAG, we are positioning for Velo in 2020! Keep going!!

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

1. Underpaid for Specialty Rep positions
    2. No products in pipeline
    3. Valeo not available until 2020-2021 (26/200 pts enrolled??)
    4. Makena generic - company still making money and not paying reps!
    5. People jumping ship all over the country
    6. "We cant thank you enough for all your hard work!" Then Show it!!!

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This thread does not apply to weomen’s health div

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

How much is "Underpaid"?

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

75k base

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This is not accurate

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

All oncology reps are hired at a 120,000 base regardless of experience. This is another reason so many in oncology left. It’s insulting to know that all people get the same offer with 1 year experience or 25 years experience.