Six Sigma ruined my life

Discussion in 'Eli Lilly' started by Anonymous, Jun 7, 2011 at 9:59 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You should hear what the CEO of AT&T, and later GM at the time of its turn around, had to say about it. Read "American Turn Around" by Ed Whiitiker. Pretty good book.

I think the Six Sigma concept is largely brought to desperate companies by "consulting experts." These dangerous control freaks have no actual copnnection to the company, except to add that they consulted for yet another company.

"The hired hand is not the shepherd who owns the sheep. So when he sees the wolf coming, he abandons the sheep and runs away. Then the wolf attacks the flock and scatters it. The man runs away because he is a hired hand and cares nothing for the sheep. The good shepherd lays down his life for the sheep."

(I have no belief in the Bible, except to use it as another book from which advise could be gleaned).

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

six sigma is for making widgets, not R&D.

Not just a little crazy in this environment.

Stark, raving mad.

But, hey, whatever it takes to suck up to the Wall Street analysts, right, John?

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Six Sigma does have a place in business but only in the manufacturing process.

Using it for anything else is insipid which explains why Lilly is overusing it to the point that it blurs reality.

But since they do love to use it why not a six sigma project for the salaries paid from the VPs up to the CEO ... I'm sure there are some cost savings there.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Does that big house and new car make you happy? I think not. They are only things. You have no soul, how does that feel? Does it feel good to know you've sold your soul for a plastic palace and a glorified toyota? When you are laying on your deathbed, none of those THINGS will matter.

Lilly is going down. Greed is going to finish all of you, especially JL. I should feel sorry for you pieces of sh*t chasing THINGS but you aren't worth it. Karma's gonna kick you in the face for many many things.....it's happening.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Wow! You sound like an Obama Acorn worker!

It must suck to be you.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Of course I have no soul. There is no such thing a soul is just like any religion it's all a myth. I am very proud to be an Atheist and not be one to be weak and need religion to justify things.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Atheists are the weak ones. It is incredibly weak to believe in yourselfish ego more than the one true God.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Selfish ego? Very funny more like confidence in myself that I don't need to pray to a myth for help; don't need to fear another Atheist crashing planes into buildings because they think my non-beliefs are wrong and theirs are right. Your god is just another myth like the greek and roman gods and just like the myth that Lilly cares about their employees. No one has ever been able to prove otherwise that your god is no different than any other religious myth. Because it’s just like a soul, heaven or hell ... just another myth.

Be careful your selfish weak ego and your brainwashing by your cult is leading you closer to racism ... saying to those other weak minded people that your god is the only one they should bow down and worship … how shallow. At least Lilly allows other religions to be displayed during the holiday ... well ok that is to protect them from lawsuits. I don’t care what you believe in as long as you keep it to yourself and don’t try to shove it down my throat. I’ve complained to HR in the past about employees who asked to pray before meetings and team lunches and got that bs halted rather quickly.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Last i checked, this board is for pharma, not a religious debate....just sayin..... I think you have gotten a little off topic

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That's a rather odd way to spell "soulless sociopaths."

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No problem. Just when saw the word "soul" used had to point out that it doesn't exist.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You can throw me under the bus like you do after extracting your pound of flesh, Lilly.

But you'll never break, never break, ...never.. break . this heart of stone

NO NO NO this heart of stone.

--Mick Johner

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I occasionally have this flashback to about 5 years ago:

Cute alpha males and females huddled together in brainstorming sessions, looking and saying nonsense in just the right way. A visitor from another company with no knowledge of pharma would have guessed they were about to cure cancer. That visitor would have been sadly mistaken.

But, bigger and better minds were fooled.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Not just your life.

The whole company.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Working for stable big pharma competitor and we've experienced an influx of several senior Lilly and Pfizer folks the past 5 years. Our Discovery head drank the koolaid and now we do sigma, lean, 5S....
    Not much time to do drug discovery.
    You can have your sigma experts back.
    Thank you dickweeds for screwing us up.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Those who can't do good
    Look good
    And do six sigma

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That is the most moronic bs I've ever heard. You idiot, a rate is the ratio outcome of a statistic data pooling of a whole mass of data ultimately equaling %100. Please tell me how if I'm initally failing 30 percent, and then at a later date am failing 60 percent exeaclty how am I making any more progress when all of my attempts at progress only succeed %40 of the time and I'm having to pay for prototyping rework, more Factory Acceptance Testing, more engineering and Technician rework for the red lines that have to be marked up, and republished, also to mention the rewritting of the TM to include the RFCs and that's just the tip of the iceberg. If I had a %60 failure rate for any amount of time my program would be bankrupt in under a quarter. The last I heard, %100 success = %100 progress, and there's nothing better!

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

But if you only look at the success' and only talk about them, then that 40% becomes your 100%. We don't want a 60% failure rate on an epm, come on now

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Apparently you have never heard of "batting averages" ! No one has a100% batting average so a 0.348 average is the best in 2013 stats! So that would be a o.652 failure average! Take me out to the ball game..........

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I took me out of this ball game a long time ago.

This program was imported from Motorola.

Where is Motorola today?

It's gone baby, gone.