SkinMedica/Skinceuticals

Discussion in 'SkinMedica' started by Anonymous, May 16, 2005 at 10:13 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    Hey dumb fuck! Derm residency is the toughest to get in to. Only the top Med School students have a chance!! 350 applicants for 4 places is as tough as it gets!!! Your jealousy of being stuck in your fucking POD shines right through in your hillbilly ass response! As usual, another pcp rep just throwing off some bullshit, unproven data. You are pathetic you stupid asshole prick!!! Go brush your tooth!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

This statement just shows that you have never called on any other specialty if you even want to call derm a specialty. I guess derm residency is harder to get into then a neuro or cardio spec, because after all popping zits is so hard and very life saving. Just keep drinking the punch that your lame company is giving you. Dummy.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're an idiot. Keep posting here because I am literally laughing out loud at your stupid posts. What the poster before you said is true...actually do some research before we have to listen to your diarrhea of the mouth anymore. Derm residency is one of the hardest to get into....and I dare you to prove me otherwise.

You're making an ass of yourself. FYI.

[/ QUOTE ]

Only reason derm is hard to get into you ASS, is because there are few derm residency programs. The reason there are few programs is because the rest of the medical profession looks down upon derm, and views it as a joke. So why don't you get YOUR facts straight. GDucl

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    Hey dumb fuck! Derm residency is the toughest to get in to. Only the top Med School students have a chance!! 350 applicants for 4 places is as tough as it gets!!! Your jealousy of being stuck in your fucking POD shines right through in your hillbilly ass response! As usual, another pcp rep just throwing off some bullshit, unproven data. You are pathetic you stupid asshole prick!!! Go brush your tooth!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

This statement just shows that you have never called on any other specialty if you even want to call derm a specialty. I guess derm residency is harder to get into then a neuro or cardio spec, because after all popping zits is so hard and very life saving. Just keep drinking the punch that your lame company is giving you. Dummy.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're an idiot. Keep posting here because I am literally laughing out loud at your stupid posts. What the poster before you said is true...actually do some research before we have to listen to your diarrhea of the mouth anymore. Derm residency is one of the hardest to get into....and I dare you to prove me otherwise.

You're making an ass of yourself. FYI.

[/ QUOTE ]

Only reason derm is hard to get into you ASS, is because there are few derm residency programs. The reason there are few programs is because the rest of the medical profession looks down upon derm, and views it as a joke. So why don't you get YOUR facts straight. GDucl

[/ QUOTE ]

All that sunshine in Cali has baked your brain Greg. Granted they are not Brain Surgeons, but to say that all other specialties look down on them is a tad hardline. Gastros and podiatrists are snickered at as well.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It doesn't matter if there are very few derm residency, the statement was that it is hard to get into, which appears to be true. f-nut!

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

ok,ok...who cares. the original questions were about Skinceuticals and Skinmedica. Point is....they do not suck. Like a derm, a derm rep may be snickered at b/c it is not a techincal sell, but that does not mean it is not $$$ and fun. Beats a BIG pharma position with Pods anyday...even if they aren't offering car,gas,insurance etc....

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

to the original op....
    skinmedica-offers car,gas, insr, computer and normal benes, but environment not that great. people don't seem to be happy there.

skinceuticals-no fluff...ie. no car, no gas, no computer, but the reps seem to be very happy b/c commision is good and not a true pharma company so less BS.

Hope this helps. Do not work for either, but am looking to get into-currently work as an aesth. in a medispa....so good outside perspective.

skinceuticals

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

[ QUOTE ]
    It doesn't matter if there are very few derm residency, the statement was that it is hard to get into, which appears to be true. f-nut!

[/ QUOTE ]

Boy you are dumb, maybe this is why you are in derm. It does matter there are a few derm residency programs, this is why they are hard to get, because there are not a lot of them dope. True hard to get into because so few of them that means not many spots. It is not hard because of anyother reason but the FACT there are not many programs.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

so i guess this thread is cashed,over, finished. i was hoping someone that had exp in this department would pipe up to discuss the good or bad of cosm vs pharma...not debate what kind of dr. is "better". just to remind you, whether we sell derm or oncol. products we are ALL reps...different people choose different paths. that does not make one right and one stupid!

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

[ QUOTE ]
    so i guess this thread is cashed,over, finished. i was hoping someone that had exp in this department would pipe up to discuss the good or bad of cosm vs pharma...not debate what kind of dr. is "better". just to remind you, whether we sell derm or oncol. products we are ALL reps...different people choose different paths. that does not make one right and one stupid!

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry, I guess the troll got the best of this thread. I really don't know any of the cosmeceutical reps in my territory. I think some of the comments made are pretty accurate; it's up to you to decide which company has the better benes, etc.

Also, and I'm sure you know this, it depends on what part of the country you're in if you'll make alot of $$ selling cosmeceuticals, ie southern FL vs. Iowa, etc. I'm sure you realize that, though.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

what about working for a cosm company and starting in a territory with great location, but no existing accounts. they want only new business. would you take it?

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

[ QUOTE ]
    Yes.

[/ QUOTE ]

You might want to check out Jan Marini Skin Care they seem to have a lot of openings of late. They have a website - google them.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

they are cosmetic, nothing with active ingred.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

[ QUOTE ]
    they are cosmetic, nothing with active ingred.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree, Jan Marini is a cheesy Texas Big Hair Blonde who plasters her dumb mug on promo materials.... sign me up with her steering the ship...yuchhhh!

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

seriously, you can NOT compare skinceuticals to Jan Marini. the only thing in common is that both companies are based in texas. i would go in this order.
    1. pharma (easier $$)
    2. cosmecetuicals (tough job to get, but have to work harder for the $$)
    3. jan marini or similar

just my 2 cents

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

even if you got an offer from skinmedica i would not take it. especially not the cosm division. even though you get a car and pharma benefits wait to get into skinceuticals. it is worth the wait-even if no car etc. better, more relaxed environment.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

i agree- i heard the skin medica cos. goals are ridiculous to achieve and you get nothing if you don't hit it

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

what about skinceuticals goals? anyone know about this company?

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

ok...skinmedica does have great cosmeceutical products BUT the company SUCKS!! lots of big promises of lots of $$$$ that don't happen. upper management all came from big pharma and are trying to make it just like that. it is very frustrating place to work. yes derms and plastics are great to call on but this place is a nightmare. to say unorganized is an understatement.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

are these two companies considered competitors even though skinceuticals is not pharma? ok, i get the picture about skinmedica....if their products are good, then what about S.C. products?

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Loreal just bought them so we can expect to see them in Kmart any day now! Or they'll dissolve it like they did Biomedic. Circling the drain...