slow uptake of JuggerKnot?

Discussion in 'Biomet Orthopedics' started by Anonymous, Mar 14, 2011 at 6:16 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am not seeing a fast adoption of JuggerKnot like I thought I would. Isn't this the wave of the future?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It is in my territory. I sold 100 last month.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

it's really not that good of a product. i have heard of some serious concerns from surgeons.
    I call B.S on the guy who sold 100 last month.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What are the concerns? Greater strength, less of a footprint, can put multiple in the same area, better suture.

Arthrex, we will see you when you copy this, "not that great of a product." The only issue we have is that our representation sucks and it is difficult to get it into many accounts with the far reaching contracts that exist. Most of the representation would rather sell a $5000 joint. Can't blame them. It is hard to be last to market with a good product.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

first of all, not arthrex here. To sum it up, I am in no way concerned w/ this juggerknot in my area. Biomet = Sports Med, now that's funny.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

not biomet or with any sports medicine company, but the market has new entrants. Both Biomet and Stryker are new to the market, but have some really good niche items. Of course they are not Arthrex or Mitek, but they gotta start somewhere

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

my docs will not use it for rotator cuff repair, only SLAP tears.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Really good niche items??? really? please explain..

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If you aren't concerned about juggerknot, why are you asking? Its not rocket science. Its the smallest anchor available without taking bone away. No polymer, No metal, No bio-composite material. Its suture based. Its very hard to argue the size of the hole. Add that to comparison of the other micro anchors on the market. Its pretty good.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

non-rep

Juggarknot is a great anchor. It's definitely cut into Arthrex's suture tak. We haven't used one of those since the Juggarknot came out. All the other reps are crapping on it but it's just a matter of time before they copy it.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sorry, but suture is a polymer that will never go away. The only reason that surgeons care that it's a suture based anchor is because when it pulls out, it won't damage articular cartilage.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It pulls out during surgery!!! This product is not good.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Pull out?

I have only seen one pull out...in extremely poor bone. I have seen literally hundreds put in.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

And leaves a big fucking hole to fill.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yeah, the hole that the knot leaves behind when they pull it out is surprisingly large. Even worse is that the first anchor put in is loose as soon as the second one is tensioned next to it and that little balls wiggles in all directions which causes tunnel-widening since it is not fixated to anything.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You arthrex guys are really desperate. Are you serious with this? What are you going to say when you release an all suture anchor?

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The real question is how will the revisions be dealt with.... and we all know they're coming. With a 4-6mm hole created in the glenoid, there are not a lot of options! This is the next Cayenne Aperfix.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

5 yr Arthrex Rep here and Revision should be no different than repairing a boney bankart...I'm getting prepd, btw I've seen a few Cayenne Aperfix rev's and unfortunately they've been good with same size tunnels. I wish our Engineers in Naples would stop coming out w/bogus "Canine" studies (i.e. juggerknot, endobutton, etc.) and phony revision pics (Cayenne).

If you've been around Arthrex long enough, you will realize that you prob shouldn't show your docs our independent studies, bc we recreate the technology w/n 12-18 months and you will look like a idiot when you ask them to try the new "Upgraded" system. Anyway, our time is coming as "The Man" continues to cut commissions...Look around and check out how much more the Mitek/Arthrocare or Biomet rep makes for 1/2 the work.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I just spent two months trying to get a new doc to use this. The other day he tried it in surgery and it pulls out. He just looked at me and told the nurse to get the Arthrex implants. After surgery he wouldnt even look at me. What a POS.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That blows..all suture would def be the way to go