Small Bone - A Horrible Investment

Discussion in 'Small Bone Innovations' started by Anonymous, Jul 9, 2012 at 1:42 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Since being founded in 2004 Small Bone has close to $500 million invested in it.

But during that same time period only $200 million has been achieved in revenue! That means for every $1 invested only $0.40 was gained!!!!

We are now on track to do around $40 million in 2012 revenue- our increase in revenue from STAR is offset by the losses among our other products. We are reaching the peak of what we can produce with our portfolio.

A bankrupcty seems inevitable. It is impossible to sustain Small Bone without outside funding and this is drying up FAST!!!

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Do you smell that?
    That's the smell of burning purple...

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Nearly everyone working here realizes this but doesn't have better options- at the moment. A paycheck is still a paycheck.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This sounds a lot like "battered spouse syndrome." Do not let the stress and fear of being an SBi employee drive you towards depression. This is a situation you can control. It's optional, just like choosing a more masculine color palette or shaving a mustache. Research into the above syndrome states "...depression and passivity makes it difficult for the abused partner to marshal the resources and support system needed to leave."

Don't let them convince you that if the company sells you will be swaddled in money and its going to rain purple. You have the power to shape your own future.

I BELIEVE in you. The question is "Do you believe in YOU?"

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I used to work for Small Bone some years back. Even then it was a poorly run business with no strategy, vision or even clue. We used to joke that the decisions were made by throwing darts at the board. How the company managed to stay in business by losing money year after year still remains a mystery to me. I guess sooner or later the investors will read the financial statements and then pull the plug.

I'm not surprised that they run into continuous trouble. Anybody who has a clue tends to leave within a short while.

Since then I moved on to a company with quality management and a real future. It's now a pleasure to go to work.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Since being founded in 2004 Small Bone has NEVER had a profitable year!! This year will be no exception. The business model is unsustainable.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I question the authenticity of your "purple," sir!

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What ever happened to their original mantra of "creating the total wrist replacement market"? And then I thought they had the greatest lower extremity frame since Ilizarov in recent years? Then the best total ankle? And the finest purple silks. And the best polo ponies. With all that they've still not turned a profit. Time to move on - this is a Sucker Bet now.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

SBi will eventually be purchased (and don't rule out bankruptcy proceedings). They have implant options that will round out a larger company's portfolio. However, the tragic fact is they will not be purchased at a high multiple as has happened to other companies in the past. If you are an SBi employee and shareholder, you need to realize you are standing at the end of a long long line. There will be no cigar parties or purple confetti for you!

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

All lies and empty promises made to separate investors from their money.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Bankruptcy is the most realistic pathway.

The board will not sell it's portofolio for less than the amount invested in it- and has declined some offers in the past. With $500 million invested and a current valuation of around $60-$80 million there is no way this could happen.

Small Bone has some decent products but they do not- and are not expected to generate substantial revenue- certainly not in the amount that it would take to recoup an investment in the product.

In this case it is far more cost effective to invest in competitive technologies or develop your own.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Nothing will change because certain people can milk this company for a good while..

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

There is very little left to milk beyond a basic salary. The board has stepped in and controls all major- and many minor expenses and keeps a tight leash on the company. They are trying to salvage whatever they can. Their hopes were on increasing revenue- but that is no longer possible.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How many people on the Board have a mustache?

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I, also a former SBi employee. I can still remember the first strategy meeting I went to- I thought I was on another planet! Everything that is normally considered important in selling devices and operating a medical device company were completely ignored. The most trivial and stupid details were highest on the agenda and we spent the entire time discussing them. It was a complete waste of time!! Unfortunately this became the normal standard of the company. It was a rare day that anything was actually accomplished.

Anthony Viscoliosi as a CEO was probably the worst choice possible. It was one bad and stupid decision after another-even the most obvious things he would fuck up. Any attempts to make progress were continuously blocked. It doesn't sound like much has changed.

I left and found much better work in the medical device sector and am much happier- and richer today. So it can be done.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Everyone who has invested in the company prior to 2012 has already lost money on their investment.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Best frame since ilizarov... you idiots ripped off ilizarov! Have any of you clowns ever seen an ilizarov set? Your frame is identical. I would imagine the only reason you all aren't being sued by Smith and Nephew is because none of you can sell the damn thing or understand how it works..

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The frame product came from acquiring a company called Fixano, which was a French ortho company. It is identical. Just as there are many sets identical to Ilizarov on the market. You "imagine" lots of things b/c you are too fucking stupid to actually formulate a rational thought and develop it. Shouldn't you be getting ready to be "laid off" over at S&N? Thats a real steady ship you're sailing on...

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Steady ships?? Small Bone is not even in the same universe, nevermind ballpark as S&N!! It will have some reorganizations from time to time but the future of the company is assured!

Your entire staff spends more time searching for a new job than they do working! The field is littered with their resumes and desperation as they are doing anything possible to evacuate to a better place!

Any one of them would grab the chance to come and work for S&N!!!

HAHAHAHA!!!!

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

WRONG!!!!!!!!