1. Cafepharma also has message boards for retail pharmacies: click here to view
    Dismiss Notice
Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Anyone ever heard of this place? Based out of Florida.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I know a few reps that have worked there. Stay far far away from this place! Any other CP would be a wiser choice

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I work for another compounding pharmacy here in Jacksonville. Smart Pharmacy once was a major player in my market. Ive recently heard that the company has gotten into trouble for not collecting copays and are losing contracts. They have a horrible reputation in the medical community. But they have made a fortune over the last few years. Now they are " the official pharmacy of the jacksonville jaguars"? I'd look at another opportunity, they've been pretty easy to sell against as they bill the hell out of insurance and have lousy customer service. Look into the national pharmacys like Bellvue, Dermatran, Medimix, etc.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I just ran across Smart Pharmacy in several of my offices giving out free samples of pain and migraine cream. I'm based out of Georgia. It is illegal to give out samples in GA, even in-office use samples. How does this pharmacy get away with this? Tricare specifically states no in-office use products in their contracts? Guess they're not afraid of losing Tricare. It's like no one is even monitoring this industry whatsoever. Crazy!

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Report them immediately to the state pharmacy board.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

EXACTAMUNDO!!

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Smart lost their tricare contract and may now be running those rx through a sister pharmacy. S.tay away from ANY pharmacy that gives free samples or does anything in the least bit shady. Its not worth your reputation to make a few extra bucks. Do your homework.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Smart Pharmacy literally advertises $15 co pays on compounds. They leave dozens of samples in Drs offices in my territory. My doctors tell me that they use them over my company because "they're the cheapest, give out free samples and bring lunch every week." Between them and Trinity, who pay Drs to shadow them, I can't even compete here in Orlando. I hope insurance companies catch on to this soon!

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Report them! Remember that if you find samples in Dr offices, you can report the physician also The physicals will just play dumb and nothing will happen to them. However the pharmacy will get in trouble. Take picture of the containers and labels and send them to the FL Investigative services Unit.
    Report pharmacies that are giving samples to the FL Investigative Services Unit. The link below is a brochure which has phone number depending on the region of FL you are located.

http://www.floridahealth.gov/licensing-and-regulation/enforcement/admin-complaint-process/_documents/isu-brochure.pdf

If they are reducing copays the follow organizations would love to know that info…
    *CVS/Caremark: 1-888-277-4149, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
    *Express Scripts (Tricare): Express Scripts Fraud Tip Hotline at 866.216.7096
    *You may choose to be anonymous
    Good Luck!

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The rep in my territory told me that they just stopped giving out free samples. I guess they realized that it was illegal. She also said that she used to have an unlimited expense account, and they just capped it to $1600/mo

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Not true! I was in an orthopedic office today and witnessed a doctor give a patient a sample from this company. I glanced in the sample closet and saw about a dozen "Ortho Cream" samples still on the shelf

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Please!!! sampling isnt the only problem this company has to hide from the DOJ!

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

DO NOT USE SMART PHARMACY.

• Yes, they lost Tricare and now they bill it through a sister pharmacy. Before they lost Tricare, they were trying to push out as many fills as possible (filling 90-day supplies and refilling prescriptions without patient authorization). Even now, they continue to refill prescriptions without authorization. When a patient calls upset, they just ask the patient to discard it. Then they credit the account BUT they don't reverse the claim so they still make money off of that fill.
    • They lost their contract with Caremark/ADV but what do the do? They are trying to bill the patient's medical insurance now – I've heard multiple calls from them asking the doctor's office for medical insurance due to coverage changes.
    • They don't try to collect on the copays. Instead they ask the patient if they can make a $10-15 payment towards the balance and state they don't send anyone to collections. After a year, these balances become cleared anyways (the account is credited with the reasoning of: Uncollectable funds). They don't care – they're making money from the insurance company.

How are they still in business??

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Now that's Fraud, Waste & Abuse! Hopefully someone has reported them at this point. Billing Tricare for a 90 day supply without patient authorization should be a big problem for the federal government!

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I actually had an interview with this company awhile back. The first red flag was that the sales director, some guy named Chip, had absolutely ZERO medical sales experience/knowledge whatsoever, only had sold advertising in the yellow pages or something prior to this! He literally could not answer a single question I asked him. And he was the freaking Sales Director!!! I ultimately ended up at another pharmacy. When I saw this thread and read it, I had to laugh. This place will do anything, or hire anyone!

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

That is so funny. Yes this Chip guy had no medical experience but apparently being college friends with the owner, Greg, paid off. The work environment in the actual office was miserable. They installed cameras to watch the workers and even wanted to install bugs around the office to hear the conversations of the employees. They were so scared of people finding out about how unethical the company was that whenever someone brought up a previous lawsuit Smart Pharmacy was involved in, they would freak out and either fire that individual or give them a warning. The billers weren't even pharmacy technicians when I was there. Never had registered into a program and had no medical background. I don't know how they're still in business honestly. They're running a scam. I was verbally abused by the other owner, Bill, and at that time I went to HR... But the HR manager was too scared of losing her job to do anything. I had enough at that point and then finding out so much of this was going on. They would constantly change information they submitted for audits – please report this company. I wouldn't be surprised if they are already being sued right now.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

What do you mean when you say that the owner "whored his wife out" in exchange for referral business to his pharmacy? Like, sexually???

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

just found some NP dumb enough to sign a prenup and agree to refer business back to her husbands pharmacy

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

With all the insurance fraud and false claims lawsuits going on in Jacksonville, I'm just wondering when we'll be reading about Smart Pharmacy