Smith Medical in-house environment

Discussion in 'Smiths Medical' started by Anonymous, Jan 18, 2013 at 4:39 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Wanted to as how is the work environment like in house? Do you like it there?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Run....... "The Brits are coming!"

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Awful

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I thought 2005 was the worst year Smiths could ever experience with regards to Back orders, attrition, commission and morale. 2013 takes the cake already! The Brits have run the company into the ground. Sirini, our Medical divison President needs to give it up! Not only can't Smiths launch new products on time, if at all, but they can't even stock the ones they have. Company survey revealed a list of issues hurting the company, and management stated things would be improving. Improving my azz! They've gotten worse! Some days it's hard to even role out of the bed and have to deal with another Smiths issue. This place sucks the life out of you.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I thought 2005 was the worst year Smiths could ever experience with regards to Back orders, attrition, commission and morale. 2013 takes the cake already! The Brits have run the company into the ground. Sirini, our Medical divison President needs to give it up! Not only can't Smiths launch new products on time, if at all, but they can't even stock the ones they have. Company survey revealed a list of issues hurting the company, and management stated things would be improving. Improving my azz! They've gotten worse! Some days it's hard to even role out of the bed and have to deal with another Smiths issue. This place sucks the life out of you.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I've heard good things about Smiths Medical. It's one of the few medical device companies that is still growing.
    Do managers reward engineers in house for doing a good job?

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes, you get your own personaized shovel and wheelbarrow to clean up the massive amounts of dung that accumalates.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Smiths is a "great people company" or at least that is the line that some would hope you buy into. It's great if you like making little to no commission, have old products, back orders all the time, and leaders who like to keep their heads in the sand. Sounds great...lol.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

is this referring to the location in st paul?

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

And it's still that way.....2016!

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Still a highly toxic work place, same issues as above. Stay far away. Layoffs happening when more manpower is really needed.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I am in the process of applying for a Smiths Sales rep position of their Vital Care line of products.

Could anyone here shed some light on the day-to-day from a sales rep perspective? And, if there are any stand-out products?

Thanks!