SNN Trauma associate or Stryker Spine

Discussion in 'Smith & Nephew' started by anonymous, Feb 18, 2018 at 11:59 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Had a great time selling some extremities systems in the past and have been approached by a few recruiters. It’s between two jobs, S&N Trauma associate with a bump in two years to consultant, or Stryker Spine with very little business. Both have level one Trauma centers, but I’ve heard crappy things about stryker and good things about S&N. Pay is 60k p/year at S&N with a supposed bump after two years, but that’s not been discussed as to what the bump in pay is, but was told I’d have a base. Stryker is a guarantee for a year and then the cord is cut. Stryker offers no car allowance, expenses just eat what you kill after the year.

What kind of pay range is S&N at for Trauma sales reps?

Is the life style that much worse of a trauma rep than spine rep where level ones are prevalent?

I’m lookig for longevity, are S&N reps staying or leaving? I’ve seen post here saying Trauma is growing and others that say it’s not. I take most of the stuff here with a grain of salt...

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Smith & Nephew is a better company to work for with better products. More money, better benefits and if the territory is getting an associate they probably have a decent business built

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

SN is good- the girl above is right, if they are cutting out a territory for an ASR then the territory should be decent. That being said, Stryker spine isn’t really going anywhere. It’s going more downhill. I’m confused as to why SYK would look at you for a full line rep and SN would look at you for an asr. May be some confusion here as to what you’re interviewing for...? Stryker will cut you if you don’t hit quota two years so it may be worth being an Asr case chaser/paid slave to your rep. Regardless, trauma is a grinder division anywhere you go. Hope you don’t have kids or care about making commission for two years if you go for an Asr role...

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Thanks for the input! Is it true that after you’re an ASR you go 1099 afterwards, or is that region specific? What does the pay structure look like when you’re bumped up from ASR?

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

SPINE. Go to the spine position. ANY spine position. You will stay 2 years and then write your ticket to any spine job in the country earning triple the pay of a trauma rep. You can go to a spine startup and make even more. Remember, in this new era of device, staying more than two years without a move up the ladder is a bad thing. Spine is the only real area of innovation in orthopedics and if you get a chance to be in it, GO.