So. Cal Promotions? Janssen Pharma.

Discussion in 'Janssen' started by anonymous, Jan 24, 2016 at 1:01 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

In the last, say 15 years , has anyone ever gotten ahead or been promoted under the current and ancient RBD ? Just wondered , I can think of about 3 or 4 that made lateral moves just to get out of here. So you sign up knowing you'll never go anywhere professionally?

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

All promotions come through the home office. The suck-ups on the east coast have a priority since the scoop up the drool on a daily basis. It is a perfect match if you consider that Sou Cal is overloaded with managed care and the promotees from the East are clueless. That way they fire reps with bad numbers and state that the managed care lack of support is pure fiction. It's really a beautiful thing if you consider the money they save by not promoting Sou Cal reps.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

So So. Cal doesn't decide its own promotions into mgt. or, God forbid, opportunities in other JNJ companies? You know, the BS they tell you when you are hired about all the opportunity.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It is funny that the guy here who blocks you from going anywhere or ever getting ahead has had a full career with many opportunities.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This is a very ugly place to work. I mean hospital sales are hard enough but when you are doing it until they right size you out? I guess i don't see the point or the career here. And u r right, they do tell you a bunch of bs about the promotions when you come on board. The recruiters don't like to place at JnJ because they say the reps leave and become managers. Then they remind the recruiters of how they misrepresented the position and nearly killed of their career. Promotions are done by demographics now anyway. U'r skeels got nutting tado with it. Much luck getting out. I mean it.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

There are NO hospital sales positions except for those bogus KAM positions they put into place a while back. If you are CVI, you are CV, there is no access, and "leadership" (/snark) plays the game to keep their pathetic jobs in place. I left a few months ago - had my new CVI partner calling on docs on vacation, that had moved months ago, and an asshat of a DM that backed him up. Meanwhile, the geniuses writing comp completely forgot that Hospital formulary drives share in IDN's. Place is fuuuucckkkeed up. So happy to be out, even though I'll miss the checks.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You in So. Cal?

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Everybody know that the Janssen so.cal wins the regional guy a lot of awards and he likes it just the way it is meaning there is no chance to get ahead or certainly not with his help.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Cns bergie mark still so cal? Ruby diner here to come for pres club! So cal rocks and Darwin knows it!

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

There are basically NO promotional opportunities, when you're hired they tell everyone the same lie about opportunity and being able to move between JNJ companies. All BS. You'll be rep forever basically because the higher ups, who have had a career, they like you just they way you are which is winning them praise.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

So cal killing it in Florida! Bergie knows how to rock---patchsteer still try to keep up. West is the best and all the nation knows so enough cheering and rah rah for the rest. Trinza will rule the rest.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Shut up.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It will be interesting when he leaves this year to see if there isn't a BIG surprise in terms of who replaces him.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Who? Jen?

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Where is MB going?

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Anyone interested in Trinza managed care in so cal, it's coming? Trinza friend told me it will be soon. Aud you interested? Only promotion with you know who still in charge.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Wow, I posted on another board here today. You are crazy. I moved twice in my JNJ career and had 2 jobs at one stop. I ended here in pharma and like I said in the other post it really is only the pharma people who stay in the box of pharma. You work for a global corporation. They love to move you laterally if thats what you want to do. Its called career advancement and almost everyone thinks this way outside of the pharma people. Accountants moving to device, device guys moving to marketing, graphic designers moving to in house quality control. If you dont have drive to tell your manager then go over his head and email his boss. This is called passion, desire and effort to climb the ladder. I worked with pharma rep who left his in North America and took a position in Australia. blah blah blah cant be done you say, HAHA

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

But did you know a number of people in pharma in So. Cal who went anywhere career wise in the last 10 years or so? Not the 1 or 2 exceptions I'm talking about career opportunities for the folks qualified and wanting it? NOT. Doesn't happen. They even make it near impossible to get a promotion within field sales and did away with any management "training" program which was a charade.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Yeah, a job here is a drug rep job, you aren't going anywhere else that is BS. There is NO career path. You're on the 20 year plan to executive rep.

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

At JBI, we have a philosophy: When you can pull in 200 thou a year (in a mediocre year) and you don't have to work more than part time (we hardly have any access) why try to be a manager? We know how to play this game. What you should do is try to parlay your pharma job into a biotech job, especially at our company. It's the biggest cake job you could ever wish for, and our senior management is clueless! Here's a tip, and free of charge: When they hold a conference call, make sure you're one of the reps with questions. Even if the questions are irrelevant, senior management will say "Hey, that rep is really engaged!" And that means job security. Celebrate with an extra few days off!
    I love this job and wouldn't think of trying for a management promotion. 200k…that's the way!