So CVAS is selling Farxiga...to what audience?

Discussion in 'AstraZeneca' started by anonymous, Jul 31, 2017 at 5:21 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

CVAS selling Farxiga. Do they need one more voice? Very interesting. Who gets the better deal CVAS or diabetes?

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

What is CVAS?

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Selling Farxiga? Or giving away coupons bwahahahah!

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The hospital team will not yet be promoting Farxiga. The Clinical Card team will have it for cardiology offices

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

with no indication...that will work.....NOT

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Wasn't the CVMET team (formerly CNS) doing that for two months before they were all subsequently let go? Oh well, lets try it again since we have officially run out of ideas to sell it. What the hell is going on with this company?!!

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Yes, that is correct!

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

As part of that cv/met team I can tell you that absolutely no cardiologists were interested in writing a diabetic drug. I'm so glad this company is part of my past

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Heck, what does the hospital team promote now? 30 days free Brilinta. 6 years on the market and I don't think it's double digit share yet. They have no talent on that team.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Deja'vu? This seems like a mad scramble to bolster sales. Not a good sign of things to come.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

AZ: in six to nine months -- after Pfizer and Glaxo admits the fact -- you will understand that drug company representatives are not allowed into hospitals. Stop paying hospital reps to fake calls, you idiots, and maybe the public will purchase your stock shares.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Old washed up reps that couldn't sell a fat kid an ice cream cone.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Hate to admit it but I was one of these so-called hospital reps. 12 yes with AZ I tried to better myself by applying for an oncology position. Didn't get an interview so I packed my bags and left...for a real oncology position. Best move ever. By the way if you think your fearless narcissistic CEO is staying your sadly mistaken.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

That isn't what brand leadership conveyed in their email communication. They insist that the feedback from the field was overwhelmingly positive. How hundreds of cardiologists are interested in writing diabetes meds. All bullshit! Reps just telling leadership what they think leadership wants to hear and leadership being as clueless as ever!

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Half of the hospital reps will be displaced.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

If you have to ask this question, you haven't been paying attention. Just look who is at the helm of diabetes TA at this point, and then look back at where they were when all of these poor business decisions were made. Now that we are all on the same page, are you still surprised?

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I don't think for one moment that the brand team really believes this. Market research should have told them this was a very bad idea. They are just going through the motions to save what little time they may have left with their jobs. just like the reps. We have officially bottomed out with ideas. Failure to see this drug will NEVER reach the $$ goals they are looking for is only magnifying the problems at AZ.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Iceberg ahead! Take evasive action!
    ~Edward J. Smith, Captain of the Titanic

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

desperate acts by desperate brands. Nothing more, nothing less. AZ corporate are delusional and clueless.

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Cardiologists want endocrinologists to deal with diabetes meds. A cardiologist who will even tweak a DM med is a rarity and probably shouldn't be messing with them anyway. Hell, even PCPs refer to endocrinologists the minute metformin isn't doing the job because no one wants to be responsible for a patient whose diabetes is uncontrolled. Docs are afraid to bluntly tell a patient to stop eating crap food (focus on whole foods, low sugar, low carb- don't get me started on the crap ADA diet) and to start working out or they will start losing limbs because docs fear it will affect their Press Gainey patient satisfaction Scores. Add in noncompliance of patients and nobody wants to deal with it so it's easier to refer to endo (make it someone else's problem) or to write patients off as non-compliant as opposed to being aggressive with treatment. So glad I am no longer CVMD and that it was short lived. It was a cluster all around and giving CVAS farxiga seems like a last ditch effort to save CVAS from cuts just like it was a last ditch "90 day pilot" for former CNS reps. .... and the band played on....