So how long are we going to be out of the field?

Discussion in 'AbbVie' started by anonymous, Apr 28, 2020 at 3:29 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Some areas aren't hot spots like others. Do those not located in hot spots go back earlier, or do we all go back at the same time, and if so, how long are you guessing?

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It's not about AV or when they decide to go back. It will largely be based on when hospitals and clinics want any vendors back in their offices. What will the new normal look like? Maybe limit the number of reps per company, number of reps per day? Have to get periodic COVID19 tests to access large institutions? Like we get TB tests and flu shots. I don't think any of this has to do with our management and when they "let us back out".

Has anyone talked to customers? Are offices open to you coming back?

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

If you are a rep. in VA you might not be going back to work until 2022, if it's up to Richmond!

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Once the offices are open again we will be hitting the field. Those in the South East will probably go back first. I have offices telling me they won’t resume lunches until 2021. They also said any visitor will have their temperature taken upon entering and a limit of 10 people max in the waiting room at a time.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

There will be a need for fewer drug reps in 2020 and 2021. Prepare to look for alternative employment. Look for ways you can leverage your skills and do something else.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

My only other skill is beer drinking. How do I leverage that?

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Whoa what’s up with the Caldwell Banker “for sale” sign out front - kinda weird it says “no offers pending”

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

2021 before we are back in any office, and maybe 2022 or 2023 to get back to 2019 access.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Access will never go back to 2019. The longer we are out, the more it will change. Relationships change, the “ friendly” nurse or Office Manager leaves, They start feeling better without the Olive Garden calories. They get more done without the Rep interruptions.
    I had a large system shut us down last year, initially staff tried to help me get back. After about six months later I could tell they grew tired of trying.
    My guess access will drop on average 50%. I hope I’m wrong, I need to work.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

spot on. Nothing stays the same. 9/11 happened and we can't even remember what it was like to fly before. A new normal was created and everyone adjusted. it will be the same once we go back, but if you think it's going back to 2019, you are simple minded. Do you really think office attorneys are going to allow 7 to 8 reps a day, or up to 40 a week, travel into their offices from other offices when they won't even allow relative to come into the waiting rooms. We will still be needed, but I'd guess it will be a combination of 90% virtual, 10% live under controlled circumstances. I see rep cuts approaching 75%.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Agreed. The crisis is the hysteria driven by the media. The docs are in-tune. I had my annual physical in-person, and my GP laughed off this lock down.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

No one is laughing in the Acela corridor..

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Which part of Bumfrick Mississippi is your territory?

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I cover Tougaloo all the way up to Go Fuck Yourself

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

90% virtual? haha you are clueless. Probably depends on the specialty though. Patients want face to face contact and the technology for virtual is currently not good- combine the two and not much uptake. I'm in the Midwest- I've talked to reps at Novartis and Lilly both are back in the field. Also my SP rep is back in the field. No office has said they are closing doors to reps (that were open before)- some aren't ready to have reps back but will soon. I'm sure a few offices that we used to see will shut down but it wont be the norm. Offices that enjoy or want reps will still crave that interaction.

"Riots is the voice of the unheard"

God bless you all and stay safe.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Where I’m at in California. I don’t have one office that’s letting reps back in yet. I’m 100% virtual for who knows how much longer. Most offices don’t want to open back up to reps until California completely drops shelter in place which is projected for September.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

VA is a liberal shithole with liberal shithead at the helm

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The offices do not miss you!

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Part of va is in phase 1 and others in phase 2?