Sold!! What happens now?

Discussion in 'DJ Orthopedics' started by anonymous, Nov 21, 2018 at 6:25 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Any truth to this? I heard they hired a rep in December for a distributorship who brought over less than a million. How is surgical division profitable between the consulting deals and paying guys who are basically reps a distributor commission?

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Endgame will be getting bought by Stryker for their shoulder... the hip and knee products will get killed and the reps will be tasked with flipping their surgeons to Mako & Stryker product. Good luck small company mo-rons. All your surgeons consulting deals are done at that point and you burned your bridges to the ground by going to garbage-heap DJO

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

DJO must be desperate. Met a relatively new distributor for them. This guy could barely cut it at with one of the big 3 and had just lost a lot of business. He was bragging about DJO wrote him and a few of his guys huge guarantees . How is it sustainable to hire these washouts to convert a small amount of business?

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

We are either being sold again or getting ready to buy a significant player in the market place. Anyone hearing anything? Colorado is a rumor mill right now

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I heard they are about to restructure. Smaller distributors will be forced to merge or will be absorbed by larger distributors. The days of 5 million dollar distributorships are gone.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

We all know bigger is better, time to go rub on more testosterone gel.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Not sure about the gel but agree with the bigger is better. We are not going to remain the same. Buying or getting bought??? We will be part of a bigger entity moving forward

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Smith and Nephew?? We buying them or we getting bought?

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

We are going to be joining S&N folks.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Where is the Smith & Nephew news coming from? I haven’t heard anything about that...

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It does feel like something is going on. We are either buying or getting acquired

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Announcement just before the Academy. Great Timing!

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I’m hearing something big will be announced. Not sure if it’s that we’re being sold or we are buying someone.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Agree that something is going on. I think we’re buying someone...I hope!

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I hear rumors that they are considering selling shoulder portfolio