Solvay employment verification

Discussion in 'Solvay' started by Anonymous, Nov 28, 2012 at 3:33 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Anyone know the answer to this question?:

I left Solvay in 2002 (field sales rep), if I'm applying for a job now how can a company verify my employment from the Solvay days? I hate to put down the old Marietta address/info since I know they were bought out by Abbott. Would the verification go thru Abbott's HR dept? If so and anyone can list their contact info here that would be great.

If anyone has experienced a similar situation, I'd like to hear what you did in this case. Thanks!

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Firstly, you ARE talking 10 years ago that you left Solvay, so it's entirely possible that a new employer may not do a verfication check from 12 years ago.

However, if they do, I'd suggest giving them the phone# for Abbott HR dept, since they bought out Solvay and should be able to provide info on ex-Solvay folks.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Opps...I meant they may not check from 10 years ago, not 12 years.

I'd also put Abbott address on an employment app, since Marietta facility is closed.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Here's how I was able to get the info, just in case anyone else has a similar issue:

call 713-525-6500, ext 6087

They were able to confirm employment dates as well as title, any release of salary info would require a signed release. You might also have success with an email to verify.employment@solvay.com