Something is brewing....

Discussion in 'Eisai' started by anonymous, Feb 13, 2021 at 11:06 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Something is happening come 3/1/2021.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Why do we need managers now? I don't think we do or at least as many.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You may be onto something. Historically, April 1st and October 1st are common layoff dates for Eisai, going back to the company's first big sales force downsizing on April 1st, 2011. Another significant layoff occurred six months later on October 1st, 2011. By that time the sales force had been reduced approximately 50%. This was in the wake of the Aricept LOE. There was another significant layoff in April 2015 due the failure of weight-loss drug Belviq. Like most Pharma companies, Eisai is no stranger to sales force reductions.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Which division?

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Oncology, the new NSD was brought in to trim the fat and get rid of under performers.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Nope. Neurology.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You've lost your mind. You don't have to lay people off in oncology, they leave constantly and, in large numbers. Right now they aren't being rehired, hiring freeze, and are creating hybrid reps which is smart. Wait until commissions are paid and the door will swing open and they will be leaving soon. This place is a train wreck.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

They have been back filling positions in Neuro. Why would they do a layoff now? Makes no sense.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I dunno maybe because there are three “sleeves” selling the same product plus all the Merck reps that are supposedly selling it as well. The entire field force thought it was nuts to add a third sleeve. Managers included but the consultants said it was a good idea. Now the consultants are going company to company pitching their New idea to restructure again. Another huge payday for the consultants. That is my opinion and how it seems.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

No need to lay off people, they will leave through attrition. My entire division is new so I'm guessing one year of not hiring is like a 25% lay off. Then you make a Lenvima only sales force for HCC,RCC,DTC. You let EC and mBC go to women health.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

They should start with the management team. They don't leave their houses and have way too many conference calls to try and justify their jobs.
    I would think the Dayvigo reps would be first to go.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Why the Dayvigo reps when they just launched? Help me understand that one?

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I think anyone could answer this.

What do the numbers look like?

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Dayvigo numbers so bad Eisai doesn’t even report them

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Exactly. Branded drug in a generic space with no solid managed care= Shit Show.
    Good luck to the bottom half- they are better off.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

All about the numbers...

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Who's excited for the POA this week-and then for them to complain about our call numbers??

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Love Poa’s. You’ll be canned first

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Alex did the dude.

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Not sure who Alex is but, did you see our Neuro numbers? Scary. May be an opportunity time to start updating things. I hear we are going to make changes in July. What ever that means.