Sonicare Sales Representative at Philips Medical

Discussion in 'Dental Reps General Discussion' started by Anonymous, Nov 7, 2007 at 5:59 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

yea heard he went to sell old toothbrushes, can anyone confirm?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

A little bit off topic, but I'm having a hard time finding answers elsewhere.

I'm an online retailer with established selling history on 3 different market place websites.
    I had a brief luck period with a wholesaler and was able to sell Sonicare Essence 5300 Series for a few months but I can no longer get in touch with the company.

Can I buy directly from SOnicare a quanity of a few thousand toothbrushes or replacement heads? What are the criteria, if any, as a retailer for me to buy a bulk wholesale quantity?

Any replies would be appreciated.

My direct email is kchociej1@gmail.com

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I was rep with Sonicare/Philips for 4 years. I left pharma to work for them and sometimes I regret leaving Philips as it is a great company to work for. Just like any sales position, you are judged on revenue and trial. Dentists don't get it however and don't know how to sell products in their office. You deal more with the hygienist then doctors in most cases. Your biggest competitor is Oral B who gives aware the farm and this makes it very difficult to compete with at times. I was also a top producer with the company each year, so this info is legit.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Philips is a great place to work

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Used to be a great place ... Now it's all whitening and retail ... Comp plan sucks ... Miss my old manager .. He was great

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

what types of questions do they ask you in the interview process? It is better to have a referral for a position. Need help want to get in dental sales.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Any word on the open Phoenix territory? Have they already hired, in interview process (1st interview) Have not heard back about second...
    How do you like it there opinions wanted!

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

was it a f2f or phone interview? if it was f2f what types of questions did they ask you

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Don't worry about it ... Life sucks here now

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

"what types of questions do they ask you in the interview process? It is better to have a referral for a position. Need help want to get in dental sales."

This is a website for sales PROFESSIONALS.

Please do not lower the discourse any more than you have. If you need to ask these questions or 'need help' you are not ready for prime time. GTF out-of-here.

I am sorting through a stack/ream of multiple-page bullshit resumes right now and at least half are of the low quality of the poster above. These 'candidates' in no way qualify for even the briefest callback. They are going through the shredder into the shit can after a brief 10 second (or less) personal scan. I will not even attempt a 'courtesy' call to this shit, and NO, I will not 'keep you in mind', except in a negative way. POOF - You do not exist.

Undersatand wasting peoples time is not a healthy career move. After working in the field with reps all day and getting home only to find this dreck in my mailbox really pisses me off.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

you just wasted your time and everyone reading this time by posting negative useless comments. I doubt you are a manager with that attitude. Go back to you sucky job and stop posing like you have any authority over anyone.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

heard you need to be in the "in" crowd at this company or you may just get fired ... any truth there?

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Not sure about in crowd but I did hear they just laid some reps off ... Any truth?

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Base is 52k. There are several ways to get paid, quarterly bonuses, year end reviews, escalators if you achieve more than 100 percent of goal. Realistically looking between 90-110k total comp. great benefits, great products. Every sales company has disgruntled reps venting on cafepharma but overall this is a solid gig.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Heard they're hiring. Any truth

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Does Philips sonicare still hire Sales Rep in Canada? Is there any future opportunity for this position especially in British Columbia? Anyone? Thanks!

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Layoffs all around. How many more will be fired?

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Not if you kiss the right .... New management is bad

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I see opening for RM MidAtlantic? How is upper management?

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I don't have an answer for you about the RM MidAtlantic position but I am interested in hearing what people have to say. Anyone? Bueller? Bueller?