SouthEast

Discussion in 'Zimmer' started by anonymous, Apr 24, 2017 at 6:09 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Why did Steve Pruitt get fired?

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Just a guess
    Seems the new protocol is if you have any type of talent or experience you get whacked. Trying to get those synergies going. Artificial pay ceiling in effect. Etc etc
    Act like a half wit and say yes to everything and your job will be spared

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Steve is a stand-up guy who didn't deserve to be "downsized". Sometimes being the best just isn't enough....he will do even better wherever he lands.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Atlanta lost 10 mil in business under him and counting. Other territories as well.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Atlanta and how about the mess that is Charlotte. I believe that he had a hand in hiring two sales reps to run the distributorship. They have lost big business since the merger. I hear that their office is not an enjoyable place to work under their new leadership.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

the other nc distributor is doing almost as bad.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Lack of leadership is the issue... no direction for distributors, no accountability fostered... Steve was a good guy that was way over his head... All the AVP's are weak, their leader too... This will not end well...

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Who do the AVP's report to? Does sales management have any practical sales experience? Could not understand if the sales manager has never carried a bag, how can they give direction? Of course, if you can't get product you can't get sales....a real mess!

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

so is CEO going to get in trouble for outright lying about sales retention on the conference call to investors today. He was asked directly if they were losing market share to competitors and not just the remediation mess. He said it was all remediation. So how does he explain Atlanta, Greenville, Charlotte, Triad and Triangle losses? From this board and other boards it sounds as if these markets had nothing to do with remediation. Can anyone shed light?

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Can't speak for the others but as far as Atlanta goes, my docs that used Zimmer now use Smith and Nephew for knees, Stryker for hips and knees, Smith and Nephew and Depuy for trauma, Depuy for Revisions. List goes on. Big time multi million dollar customers docs switched all their business.

Any tenured rep in Atlanta has left. Surgeons feel betrayed and share the same frustrations reps do. The ZBH stock is propped up by major cost cutting and stock buybacks. Every trick in WallStreets books is being utilized. Sales have decreased since Merger, and let me tell you... Reps have not had enough product to sell for 3-4 years now.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I would highly suggest people read the full transcript of the last investors call. The remediation rebuttal is extremely concerning.

Imagine being a top 10 NFL draft prospect that falls to the late third round due to indiscretions off the field. Then when asked to explain the obvious drop in interest from NFL teams, the player's agent blames his client's 40 yd time and vertical leap at his ProDay.

I'm just surprised investors continue to buy this nonsense.

https://seekingalpha.com/article/4066238-zimmer-biomet-holdings-zbh-ceo-david-dvorak-q1-2017-results-earnings-call-transcript

You'll need to join seeking alpha (free) to read the full transcript.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Most importantly he is messing with other people's money. The house of cards, smoke and mirrors he has built will eventually crumble.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

How is Central Florida under Coen?

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

About as well as s florida under the loch ness agent Harry Barr!
    Saw him on a milk carton havent seen him since he cut comm 4 m ago

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

These boards keep talking about distributor changes....who is out and who is in? Texas, Louisiana, Missouri/KC, Southeast, Baltimore and where else? With this kind of turmoil how can any company keep it together?

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Carolinas divided into 3
    SC= holding their own to OK w/experienced leadership
    Raleigh=Failing badly w/experienced leadership
    Charlotte=Possibly failing the most in country w/new leadership

So overall, seems like a fail on dividing up into 3 distributors

Other thoughts?

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Do you know if these 3 new shops are Distributor or Company models? Seems as though most of the changes are Company models.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Seems to be more the distributor network that is being targeted. Change for the right reasons makes sense but change for the sake of change seems moronic. If areas are struggling and there is no confidence in leadership then make the change quickly and move on, don't drag it out like we've all seen before. Just a thought

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

For what it's worth, I cant see where the Leadership bench is deep enough to sustain much change.

On the corporate side, the lack of talent in sales leadership is profound. RD and a few VPs might have it, but nothing behind them.

In the field, there are a handful of potential leaders, but they typically already work in well- functioning Distributorships.

Just glad to be where I am. Good Distributor, solid team.

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

SC is company the 2 others are distributors
    Distributors are complete embarrassments
    Company guy doing decent to good all things considered