Soylent Green is people! Merck people...

Discussion in 'Merck' started by anonymous, Sep 18, 2018 at 6:58 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Hold on to those jobs all ye' Merckoids, cuz I'm here to tell you once they push you
    out, (especially for those in their late '40s and early '50s, you're going to be toast out
    there on the job market...Especially, if you have tried to make a career out of this wacky
    detail game...

Merck will chew you up like hamburger meat and it gets pretty ugly trying to pay
    for your own healthcare, etc...the savings goes quickly too...

Either beat them to the punch and leave before your shelf life expires, or have a good
    back up plan, advanced degree, side hustle...

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Nah, there’s always contract sales. Sucks, but it’s a job.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Really? I was told M is very maternalistic
    And takes care of people during and after their careers are over

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I just love the closing scene over looking the production line and the little green biscuits!

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I am going to dress like Edward G Robinson for Halloween and treat the goblins little green crackers and small whitetail deer puppets!

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It’s not all doom and gloom, I’m 58, left Merck recently after almost 24 years - lots of contract jobs, not too bad salary 80k, bonus, car allowance, full benefits, good drugs. Now, if you want full time pharma and are over 55, it’s tough. But if you have oncology experience, or know someone, you can get a job at Pfizer, Genentech, AZ. But why? They are all having large layoffs. Merck medical insurance is not that expensive for one person. The economy is good and there are jobs. Without the politics and ridiculous managers like Merck.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

you must be an incredible rep and one of the chosen few...for most folks, they are completely
    cooked by 50 and are usually pushed out before retirement is possible...

It is a horrible industry and poor career choice for most...

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I’m nothing special. Left Merck after getting a manager from hell, no way you can tolerate that at my age. My point is that the contract jobs aren’t so bad. They are tired of hiring those in a holding pattern, waiting for full time pharma. The recruiter asked me while interviewing if I would stay on the job for at least a year. I’m happy to have this gig.merck was getting horrible as no new products in PC after years of being promised so many, they all failed. Januvia sells itself and that will be over soon. People under 55 should get out now while companies are hiring. Or, they will be sorry.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Continue to post for 1-17-21-1, and stop CP from deleting harmless posts!

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The brains full of mush loved the little green crackers crumbs flying everywhere