1. Cafepharma also has message boards for retail pharmacies: click here to view
    Dismiss Notice

Specialty Pharmacy pay

Discussion in 'Specialty Pharmacies - General Discussion' started by Anonymous, Mar 6, 2010 at 12:30 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What does a specialty pharmacy rep make in base and bonus? How much do the managers make?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

They make similar money to entry level pharma reps. 50-130 total comp depending on how good you are.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It's more than than. My W2 last year was $147K. Half base half bonus. Although I do know of small Specialty Pharmacies that pay only a 40K base.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Well Damn. What company do you work for and what therapies do you concentrate on. I work for a large SP and no rep makes that money.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Last year was my best year ever. This year will be closer to 120K.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I work for a sp and base ranges from 60-120K. bonuses range and top rep made $20K per quarter. some sp jobs, depending on experience, make more than onc and hosptial reps.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The job pays base of 50-70 with 2K bonus a month. Nothing like pharma salary.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I guess you are only paid what you think you are worth. the salary is much better then that.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What is the average breakdown for a tenured rep switching form Pharma to Specialty Pharmacy in the first year expecting to make? And every year after? Is there more job stability with this industry or more with Pharma sales?
    Beakdown of Salary, Bonus, Benefits, Working hours, car, etc?

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ohh god another pharma rep making the jump to specialty pharmacy because they got laid off. Do us all a favor and get another pharma job and stay out of specialty pharmacy. All of the pharma "talent" trying to turn specialty pharmacy into BIG PHARMA is ruining what used to be a good career.

This is a much different field, in this type of sales you are not needed by the docs. You have to make yourself valuable. Your products no longer sell themselves. Oh and you can no longer pay your docs speaking fees to talk about your product so that they write more of it.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

is surgical sales good experience for sp? looking to make switch. Who r top 3 companies to look at?

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

who do you work for???????

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'm not so sure pharma reps have any intention/nor enough influence on upper management to turn sp into pharma/...what is that all about? I came over from hospital sales with big pharma to get out of the industry bc 'everything is going sp and it's the future"... well now i'm regretting it. i could care less about paying doctors....that was never my move...that's not even true sales. i like that i'm more focused on the nurses versus docs with caremark... however, this pay is awful, (85k base) health benefits don't start for 3months, no company car (car allowance of $450ish plus mileage is "ok" but they mandate all this insurance crap so it's not that great) poor culture in caremark, sloppy startup with no computers, awful helpdesk, not even business cards for weeks. this also happened to recent new hires after my start with caremark. so nothing has changed. heard oncology division is better as far as motivation and a positive environment. but caremark , for me, has been a disaster for the last 8months. others are leaving...i have one foot out the door. i'll push pills anyday to get out of this mess.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Granted, caremark culture fucking sucks, but are you high? "Awful" pay at 85k base in this economy? A company paying for your fucking car plus mileage? Get real, man. Do you have any idea how many people with 10+ yrs experience in the industry are out of jobs and can't find one to save their lives? You need to check yourself and quit your bitching. These jobs bite but it beats trying to sell copiers to companies with no cashflow in the worst economy in my lifetime. Suck it up, a-hole.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Depends on who you work for. If you work for one of the best SP's, starting salary varies of course by prior experience but if you have a solid history with specialty pharma experience, the SP I work for will pay up to 100k in salary + 30k at target for bonus. Add in another roughly 10 for car allowance and total comp runs in the 140 range.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It depends on what State/Region you are working in and where the sp corporate is located.
    In CA, NV, AZ area = $50K - $60K base, + car allowance, monthly commissions $500 to $3500. I hear that Walgreens SP = $35K - $50K base.

CA/West Cost corp based companies pay on the low end. NY/East Coast corp based companies pay high.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Anyone heard of a company named Axelacare??

Been in pharma, biotch, and devices for the last 5 1/2 years. Been contacted by them...curious.

thanks

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Walgreens base is 60-80

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What is realistic pay? Is there a car or car allowance? I was also contacted by Axelacare.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

SInce the aquisition of Crescent, Walgreens is "supposed" to be changing the Comp plan to include a higher base. I am at Walgreens on the infusion side and I am in that 60-80 range, but I know many of the other reps that have been here longer than I are in the 80-100 range. Walgreens gives you a car.