1. Cafepharma also has message boards for retail pharmacies: click here to view
    Dismiss Notice

Specialty Pharmacy pay

Discussion in 'Specialty Pharmacies - General Discussion' started by Anonymous, Mar 6, 2010 at 12:30 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Many pay $85 to $95 depending on experience. Bonus is $25 to $30.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

CVS Specialty pays 85-95k base. 7k per quarter is comp plan. Benefits suck. Management is even worse. The MS manager on the east coast is a real piece of work. She is rude to her reps. Micromanages them to no end. Sends a ton of emails. Does half of the national sales managers work.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

i couldnt agree with this more!!!! Such a different field! First of all, You would be an extremely special case if you are able to seamlessly make the jump from Pharma to Specialty Pharmacy. It is a lot harder. Second, if you are expecting the bonus money to just come in, you better rethink the move. It takes a lot of hard work, time, persistence, knowledge, relationships and the ability to separate yourself from the other 100 Pharmacy Reps popping up into your accounts daily. If you want any advice from someone who has seen 25-30 pharmaceutical reps try to make the jump, stay in your industry. Trust me!

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Yeah! Instead of trying to talk to Drs with medical information we talk to medical assistants that make $12 an hour and bribe them with doughnuts (or if you are real savvy gift cards). It’s harder because we sell a commodity and basically all the service promises are the same. We live and die by the service our equivalent to Medical assistants provide people that are inherently dumb and make $12 an hour.

Pharm reps in good specialties make 200k a year. Most SP reps struggle to make 120k. With worse benefits.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Would rather talk to a nice MA versus an MD who is so full of himself and treats his staff like crap and kicks his dog and beats his wife when he gets home.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Ill talk to either and prefer to talk to who is paying the most. Thinking of jumping back into pharma this year in rare disease or oncology since the pay and benefits are a little better.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

PHIL-has anyone heard of them? Based out of San Fran. Markets themselves as a software company that has independent pharmacies in their network. Wants reps to market to Dermatologist the service. Any advice on potential job?

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It's been a while since anyone has posted on this thread. I wanted to provide an update. The account managers at my company (Accredo) start between $90k-$110k depending on experience with real money made with incentive comp. The average reps make $12k per quarter with the top performers making $20k-$25k per quarter and there are some that get shut out with a big fat ZERO. The comp is EARNED in specialty pharmacy. The harder you work, the more successful you will be. I have seen many pharma reps attempt to make the transition to SP and it's about 50/50 as to whether they are successful. The successful reps never look back and would never return to pharma. There is big money in pharma if you are lucky enough to land a biotech job, but after the launch, the money there never seems to be that great.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Optum base 85-95. commission 30-50 first year; 50-80 second year and beyond. reps at the top of rankings made 200-230ish last year. comp structure changed this year and most are making less, but still top reps making around 200.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

$105,000 base. $5000-$15,000 bonus per quarter. Car, health benefits, 401k match program

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

AcariaHealth pays their Account Managers $23,000 per year. You make the rest on commission if you can. There is a lot of BS with the company so not many happy campers there these days. New hires mislead with the salary. No training and lots of BS. Stay away! There are much better opportunities out there than this crap!

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Base 125k-170k at the best specialty pharmacies. Bonuses about average 40k projected uncapped. 4 weeks vacation. Company cars.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Specialty pharmacy sales has gotten so much better over they years. My company pays base in the low 100’s and monthly commission is uncapped. Top reps at my pharmacy make 10k/month and avg is 5k/month commission. Full benefits, car allowance and freedom to take people out to lunch, dinner, etc. I would never go back to traditional pharma. Find a legit specialty pharmacy and you’ve got it made. More fun, more money, less BS.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Hi everyone - currently making an 85K base and the pharmacy owner is open to me presenting a new comp plan to him. What is fair? how much per rx? new vs refills? or should it be a percentage? It's hard to get an answer from him regarding margins.
    If I don't present something, I will be screwed. Any input is appreciated!