Specialty

Discussion in 'Daiichi-Sankyo' started by anonymous, May 22, 2017 at 11:51 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Interviewing for a specialty position however, it's unclear why this position is "specialty." Sounds like my call point would be FP, GI and pain docs. Seems as if this is just a fancy title.....?? Thoughts?

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

DSI is not "specialty." That was once a title to be earned after a minimum of five years on the PC team plus rounds of interviews. Anyone that was actually "specialty" left this place and moved on to greener pastures. DSI now brands 25 year old inexperienced pcp reps as "specialty" reps. If you're a real specialty rep, look elsewhere. DSI=PCP

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Above poster is correct. It's a title, that's all. Specialty reps at DSI truly were specialty and it's something you earned - worked hospital accounts, called on interventional cardiologists, involved in formulary etc. Now those reps, the ones that stayed, are called Striker Account Reps even tho they have no accounts.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

we love you Striker,stay with us always

5. interviewing for a "specialty position in the NE. any thought on the dm in the nyc/nj area? and what about the new pain products coming Q4 2017/Q1 2018?

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

One of the products is a triple-generic. Ask your interviewer this:
    "What are the odds a triple generic opioid will be successful in a shrinking market that is already oversaturated in generics and whose only distinguishing factor is for opioid induced nausea and vomiting, a made up disease state for which docs rarely see in their patients?"

This outstanding drug was also already rejected once by the FDA. If you are smart you will go into that interview and tell the DM whats good.
    https://seekingalpha.com/news/3240525-fda-rejects-charleston-daiichis-opioid-candidate

Good luck in your search. There are way better opportunities than dsi.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I think every job title has "specialty" in it these days. I agree that it's not true specialty. I would warn you against taking a position with this company, as they have had 4 layoffs in the last 3-4 years. They will try to say they were restructurings and not layoffs...same thing. Movantik has not made a goal since it was launched. Reps aren't making their incentive comp $ goal. New pain products coming out in the fall will most likely not generate the revenues they are hoping for which will lead to more layoffs. Just make sure you know what you are getting yourself into. Ask hard questions in your interview.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Best post I've read in a long time...... to give you an example: we have 22 selling days left in the quarter. We received our Movantik goals this week. That's right, THIS week when it should've been April 1. Look elsewhere. Morale is at an all time low

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

There used to be primary care, then specialty, then hospital. Specialty was a mix of office based and hospital. And hospital was...hospital. Now there is no hospital because there is no effient and no savaysa. It's all pain, pc, IM, etc. But your selling poop med. There is no specialty to it. And the future drugs are nothing special. DSI does pay very well for top performers, but multiple layoffs giant territories, weak pipeline its no good. All my managers have been great but it's nothing like it was eight or even three years ago.