Spine Procedures

Discussion in 'CareFusion' started by Anonymous, Feb 21, 2013 at 9:42 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What happened to Carefsuion Spine? i heard that they laid everyone off and selling the business?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Direct salesforce was weak and lacked relationships with the physicians who matter. They were essentially selling products to distributors and being paid for it. Carefusion did the smart thing and removed the middlemen.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Top management was a joke and had no clue what they got into. Over committed their forecast by miles and never came close to delivering on it. Bye Bye Investment $$$$

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Distributor model works well when competition is prevalent. The salesperson is well connected and influences product use.
    When you have a novel product line a direct sales force can be a benefit.

I recently changed to Osseon, they seem to have put it all together recently. Product works well, good sales staff, OR support staff now who are not sales people, training on line, it works for me and my small staff.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I showed the Oseon needle to my 3 docs. They laughed.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'm assuming they are named Larry, Curly and Moe?

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Stryker, MDT, and a little Dfine.....only real players in this market.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

MDT (70%), Stryker (15%), Carefusion (5%), ........... Osseon (?%), DFine (?%).

I will admit that I carry Osseon. Can't carry MDT or Stryker. Was former Carefusion.

It opens doors and works well. They have a few items in the pipeline for Q1 2014 that will help me fill some gaps the others already have. I hope they come through for me.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Can you give more feedback on what you ran in to with CF spine products

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'm finally getting somewhere with the AVAMax system. I just kept hammering away and once they started using it they loved the delivery system.