Spine quarterly numbers

Discussion in 'Synthes' started by anonymous, Jul 17, 2018 at 12:23 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Cuts on who?

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Middle management and all low- hanging fruit.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I heard today that this first round will focus on low performers only. Numbers don't lie and the numbers suck. Don't be fooled no one is safe. Moral is in the trash.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The whole Spine operating company should be sold. Crap products and no innovation. J&J drastically overpaid for Synthes. Trauma seems to be the only division that does anything useful.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Agree and disagree. Most if not all of the spine people who left and went to competitors are doing well. Very well. The enormous changes put on the spine division almost immediately post merger coupled with the arrogance that customers were buying Synthes and not buying a relationship from their buddies (AKA the rep) put the division in the death spiral. I think they could have kept the ship afloat and gotten through the merger (with its stifling of product innovation). Having people all over the country leave and take millions in business with them just exacerbated their demise. There should be a Harvard case study on what not to do with this as the focal point.

They can get out of the predicament theyre in, they have lots of cash to buy back business they lost, and if they get some products lined up and released that allow them to compete with the companies that are actually growing, it will be ok. If you can time the bottom and ride the growth incentives on the way up you could make some coin.

Or you could just go work somewhere else where they'll pay you 14-30 points from day 1.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Great points. The problem is they can’t buy back business. That ship has sailed. It’s not just the points other companies offered. Your a bit low in the 14-30 number as well. Many of the top guys are gettting north of 40 points. That is a game-changer and Depuy will never be able to touch those numbers. Everybody likes to talk about points, but the culture and lies from management is what ultimately drove talent away. The death spiral will only continue and the damage done to this division is permanent. Depuy severely underestimated the relationship part of this business. At the end of the day, it’s all that really matters. Doc’s could care less about product anymore. But they will support the guys who have been there with them for years. Depuy never figured it out.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

realistically...who should they buy?

who has something innovative they could use to gain access to lost customers?

Big company? small company? disc (they sold prodisc)? biologic?

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Sadly, they would be better off not investing in Spine. I am not even sure about J&Js commitment to the device sector anymore. Two of the fastest growing device sectors are robotics and heart valves. J&J just started some robotics initiatives but is no where near the rest of the landscape. In heart valves, they have left billions of dollars of growth potential to Medtronic and Abott.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The lost customers are not going to return. No new,game-changing product is going to change that either. It’s a relationship sell, and for Depuy the relationships left for a better gig. They will sell the spine division eventually. The losses will continue to mount and the band-aid will be completely ripped off. No new managers, or Presidents of spine will fix it one bit.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

No one will be held responsible for this shit show. All the same arrogant DePuy jackasses will be showing up at NASS in LA next month with the phony smiles and all the bullshit lies. Who ever thinks this management team will be held responsible for this debacle is dreaming.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Globus is killing it right now. New robot and their product line is way better than ours. We should buy them.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Maybe they'll take $20 Billion?!? We could use another spine line and giant redundant sales force!!

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Anymore rumors on the cuts? Has anyone in the field been affected yet? I'm trying to get out now before the shit hits the fan.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

We will be out of spine entirely within 5 years. It will happen.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Nobody will know the cuts because nobody worth a shit is still there. The top talent is long gone at this point. The only folks left are the one’s too scared to leave or the one’s nobody would hire anyway. Look for the quarterly numbers this quarter to be even worse than before. This death spiral will not let up.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Travis is still their VP of Sales? Are all the old AVPs still there? Bradshaw, Landau, Hass, Sullivan etc.? They have lost so much share in my territory. Best thing I ever did was leave that dumpster fire!!!

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Never has there been a worse collection managers in the history of spine sales. These individuals were the hachet men and women who carried out the orders from above. They cling to their positions because that is all they bring to the table. None have any influence on business and surgeons laugh when around them. And don’t even get started on the baffons they have in regional management positions. They all will be gone soon. The payday for this bungled merger is at the doorstep.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Too funny. I remember Travis' first full quarter Spine had 5% quarter over quarter growth and he was such a cocky fuck thinking his "leadership" had something to do with it. Now when he bothers to show up @ Corporate he slinks around with minimal interaction, not the Cheshire Cat he once was.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I remember when Travis was showing that big cocky grin and actually toasting his success with his management team!! Now he and his remaining inept AVPs and managers are all trying to hide and avoid being fired! Since I left I enjoy nothing more then taking share from these morons!

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I remember when the cocky version of Travis was toasting his management team over the 5% growth over quarter. Actually proposing a toast to their incredible success!! Now he and his team of inept AVPs and managers do nothing but lay low trying not to get FIRED! They work on their spreadsheets and hold meaningless meetings. They have no idea how to run a sales organization, always throwing shit up against the wall to see if it sticks. All the great talent has left the building. Nothing brings me greater joy then taking share from these fools!!