Sports Med

Discussion in 'Zimmer' started by Anonymous, Jan 13, 2011 at 9:43 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Who is zimmer going to buy for sports med?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Arthrex

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Zimmer will fumble around for years and never make a significant move into sports med so keep dreamin'.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Op, did you just answer your own question??? by the timing of your response from the original post this seems to be the case.... what a a loser.......

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That would be sweet if Zimmer could actually buy Arthrex. Won't happen though, owner of Arthrex will never sell.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thankfully for everyone at Arthrex...if Zimmer ever got their hands on your company they would destroy it, just like they have done with all the other companies they have ruined.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thats the rumor I heard.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

i heard Convidien sports division, what a waste of $$$ that would be

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I heard Synthes was buying that.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

smith and nephew

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

why not buy Linvatec. I've been with Zimmer and BMY for 20 years and I don't know why we sold Linvatec to begin with. Instead of buying Arthrex at a super premium and be defending all the accounts as a market leader why not buy a smaller player who has good products for far less money and take market share away from Arthrex. I was talking to a Linvatec rep the other day and he said they are taking business from Arthrex in Sports Med. I went to the Conmed site and saw in the last message of the thread called Conmed that COV and SNN really want to buy Conmed, I'm guessing for Linvatec. The other products from Conmed are in crap markets. I guess we could always sell those off to someone who is in crap product business.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

We sold Linvatec because Bristol Myers Squibb wanted to get back to their core drug business. Linvatec needs some leadership and resuscitation to come back to life from ConMed's ownership. What we could use is the Hall Surgical product line from Linvatec, in addition to their sports med line.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

agreed, great point! Hall plus sports med!

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Agree with all of that. ConMed is a mess, but would hae some good opportunities for Zimmer. They are priced to buy too.

Every dog has flees in this segment though, no real stand out choice.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Taking market share away from Arthrex purchasing Linvatec??? Are you kidding me??? Those turds have been stomped on, thrown away, and never seen again. Even if you could buy Arthrex, I wouldn't call it defending accounts. I haven't seen a Linvatec rep in 5 years since I wiped them out of my territory.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Long term Zimmer NE rep here. I agree with you about Hall, and all Linvatec for that matter. Would be a great pick up for Zimmer. I got interested in this so I went to AOL finance to check out Conmed. A lot of Public info there. One thing that jumped out is under Institutional Ownership the institutions have bought up 99% of the stock. Heck, 25 of them own over 80% of the stock. I can't believe they would run up that amount on a company like Conmed, who really has no special technology or growth expectations, unless they expect something to happen. The only 2 questions in my mind is when is the announcement coming and who is buying it. Is it SNN, Cov or could Zimmer get it on this? I wish zimmer could get this, because it looks like someone is, since 99% of the stock is controlled by Institutions. I'm not a Wall Street expert but that looks like a done deal to me!