SRSLY? Diversity + Promote from within

Discussion in 'Horizon Pharma' started by anonymous, Nov 7, 2017 at 11:42 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

1:1 with TW all employee meeting - that's 1000:1 actually!

TW stated a goal was diversity and also said his goal desire was to promote from within. It doesn't feel that way - executives and senior management come through from acquisitions. External hires are placed over long term employees who could be developed to take leadership roles.

Diversity is not just about women. Where are our senior managers and executives that are Black, Asian, Indian or Hispanic. If you want to represent the community and world we live in this should be the focus.

Activities external to HZNP by a handful of women are not significant to the diverse employees already working at HZNP. We want visible leadership roles and projects. We want recognition for the work that we already perform. We, would benefit more from what you do inside.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

TW is all lip service....I don't think even he buys his BS. You have to be a FOT to have an executive position in that company. This company is the laughing stock of the pharma industry!

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

On point. That's why i left this company as everything that is put out there is over-hyped, fluffed, spun, BS.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Anyone who stays there is simply playing the game. Either they are complete losers and can’t get a job anywhere else or they simply don’t care. Coasting it...

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

How doesn't TW see EM is ruining the orphan business?

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

"Diversity" with companies nowadays is simply reverse racism against whites, especially white males. The best candidate should get the job, not at all based on their race or gender or sexual orientation.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

"The best candidate"? Who determines that in the hiring process and promotions?

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Well in Horizon's case the "best" candidate is Tim's "best" friend at the moment. Or it could be a neighbor, sister, sister in law, country club member, neighbor.....Those are the "best" candidates.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

well we don't shut down Christmas week officially while almost everyone else does, start out with 3 weeks vaca, 5 sick days, and 2 personal....I mean we are behind the times with time off. I can't even recall when you get more time...3yrs? Or 5yrs? that's my compliant....reward more with work/life balance!

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Boo hoo snowflake

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

That was stupid.....who calls anybody snowflake anymore.....you must be old.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Ha ha! Agreed....I am with you on end of year shut down. That should be added

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Really? no one uses snowflake especially as it relates to wanting time off.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

look up the definition....it doesn't fit and it's rude. One is not a snowflake because they feel we should have an end of year shut down.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Reward more? Isn’t having a position with generous pay, benefits, AND vacation suffient? Mention this to a former colleague who lost their job in May...

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

who lost their job in may