State of Atherotech

Discussion in 'Atherotech' started by Anonymous, Aug 21, 2012 at 12:37 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'm interviewing for a sales position. Can anybody give me an honest assessment of this company and the direction it is headed. Haven't heard anything about Atherotech in a few years. I know that their report was not as nice as Berkley's but the Vap wasn't nearly as expensive. Thanks...

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The VAP report may be prettier but it's the science and content that counts and BHL has it spades. Look elsewhere.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Do you mean Berkley's science and content is better than VAP? The original post said that the BHL report was prettier. Please clarify.... Thx

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

high turnover
    poor sales management
    no $
    C level a big joke

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Is Gilespie still a manager there?

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Management is a joke. At least they leave you alone but no strategy what so ever. If u have good previous contacts in PC and Cardiology u will do fine but don't think u will end the next 10 years here. Management never listens. If they hire u your manager wants to make calls with u for a week before u even go to training. Therefore, u go in where u have a relationship, ur manager presents as you look like a dumbass and no nothing. Make sure to follow up though and see if they want to sign on when ur first meeting u know jack. You can do alright and work when u want. It still is a better job that the joke pharma is.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You get 90 days to get up to speed and at 6 months if you are not hitting your baseline and quota, you will be put on notice. If you are going into a new territory, you will make money the first year because there isn't a baseline. After the first year, you have to grow over the previous year by 300k or you won't make money, and will be put on warning. It's a two to three year job...if that is what you are up for, go for it.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Oh, and if Straza is your manager...good luck! He's a dick!

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Just curious. I have been out of the lab industry for a couple of years now. What is the state of "advanced lipid testing". I know a that reimbursement was starting to be a real problem with Atherotech, Berkley, and Liposcience. Has that gotten better or worse in the last two years?

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

if you are smart you will look elsewhere. Reps here are a joke - only working here because they can not find any other company who would want them. Great example is the rep in Chas., SC - what a joke she is!

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Run Away from Atherotech - business model is a failure and the company keeps going bankrupt and getting new VC to bail them out, however they never change the management which is the problem. If you are successful and put up sales the next year you are punished with a high baseline. There is a high turnover of reps. I am "NO LONGER WITH ATHEROTECH" and couldn't be happier. Management is a bunch of beer drinking guys from LA (Lower Alabama).

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I second that, could not have been put better...

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Management are a bunch of beer drinking fools that are apparently all connected from the past. Have heard there are some very shady ones in the group.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

My manager just left me and said the company has fallen way behind in the last few months. I know his group hasnt grown at all in the last two months, anyone else feel that the ship is starting to sink ?

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Total sinking ship this company was not ready to expand in every geography that they started up. Not enough market analysis in each region before growing so quickly. This was not well thought out and they should have stayed a specialty lab. Layoffs are sure to come unless everyone bails first because they don't make any money

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

40%+ turnover, you do the math! Company SUCKS! Don't come here unless you want to lose your respect as a rep. You will lose all credibility from your customers. Worst mistake I've ever made.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I completely agree. I made the biggest mistake coming here and would never recommend this place to anyone unless you live in the south near the lab in AL.
    It's possible but much more difficult in the Midwest.
    I can't wait to get the hell out of here.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

OIG was the nail in the coffin, I talk to a few people across the country and NOBODY is growing. I wonder if management understands how bad it is going to get?

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

They don't give a crap- go find something soon while you still have some decent numbers.
    People at home office are going to start dropping like flies

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I have to agree that we should have stayed as a specialty lab. Atherotech is trying to be a total lab but we don't even have simple urine test. Management thinks we can play with the big boys but reality is we are a small specialized lab that has one great test. If anyone is thinking that selling the vap is our main job, your wrong ,its all about building a big enough panel to maximize your bottom line