State of Atherotech

Discussion in 'Atherotech' started by Anonymous, Aug 21, 2012 at 12:37 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The culture, management, and pay is awful here. Worst decision I have made in my career to join this company. I can only hope that the board cleans house and starts over with executive leadership. It makes me laugh when I hear stories that when the managers convened for their meeting the consensus was that they were not hiring the right talent. Has it occurred to them that they may not be the right "talent"???

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Well stated!!!!!

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This was the worst career move I ever made. The lack of professionalism and direction from leadership is pathetic. It's almost as if these people have never been thru Leadership Development. Just because you say you can manage doesn't mean you can. What's even more disturbing, is how much the managers talk about subordinates with others. As a Territory Manager, the last thing I want to have is a manager that yacks about others on my team. I don't want to hear this stuff. When did this become acceptable? Does HR not have a clue? Come on Fran……clean house!

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It goes both ways. I have never seen so many gossipy territory sales managers in my life.
    Bitching and moaning about doing reports, bitching about your bosses and how hard this job is and talking badly about customer service, billing, manager care.
    I have never seen so many whiny, unwilling to work immature TSMs.
    Grow up and shut up

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Awe…..must have struck a nerve. We only imitate the behaviors of our so called leadership.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Been a leader here for quite awhile and tired of so many reps that just bitch, bitch bitch and blame blame. Look inward before you start throwing daggers unless you managed in a lab company.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Oh, I have managed and led successful teams. So there are no daggers as you say being thrown. The simple fact is that leadership is lacking, professionalism is lacking, and there is a great deal of improvement needed. This is by far one of the most poorly managed organizations as it relates to sales. The Company is awesome in terms of the tests offered, and Customer Service is great. There is a serious disconnect between leadership and the salesforce. Maybe if you listened to the salesforce for a change, things might actually get better. However, you will more than likely refuse to look inward yourself and improve in your leadership…….A good leader always looks to improve.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If you don't want to hear it, be a man or woman and tell your boss. Haven't you ever heard of managing "up".... Instead of bitching and whining people and throwing people under the bus, which I was absolutely shocked to hear from recent news about a handful of teams that did so.... Speak your minds and act grown up. Say what's on your mind, talk I people and get off the cp boards. I'm on here to tell you all to stop the damn bitching, work hard, talk about your problems appropriately or get the hell out of here. Enough of this negativity. Be accountable not a fucking negative know it all. We don't want you if you can't grow up

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So pathetic. You obviously have no leadership skills as well if you can't handle simple conversations with your manager. Management here is extremely tough and no one asked managers to be perfect- we are all a work in progress. You've obviously never been in a management role over sales reps and I'm glad to see you are perfect. Congratulations

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Nope…..think I will just ride this train wreck until it' done. Making great money for doing a monkey's job. What's even better, I could care less about your pathetic opinion. It's just a real trip to see people respond the way they do. Cheers!

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How did a team throw anyone under the bus? Could it also be interpreted as being honest and telling the truth?

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Well, this is how management hides their pathetic heads in the sand as to the problems at this company. It's never them. I agree 100% with you in that the team simply told the truth. Obviously they can't handle the truth. This is why Atherotech will never grow to be a good place. Just a bunch of managers with fraternity boy mentalities.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Watch your backs you little arrogant assholes. At the home office we hear all, we see all- your fuck ups, your late shit, missed shit, rude phone calls, your bitching, bull shit thank you responses, treating us like your minions when you can't take care of your own accounts because you are lazy and feel entitled. Watch your attitude little pricks you aren't perfect and we know when your managers have had to cover up and fix all your mistakes and we can help HR and Rod see that if you like.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Dare you!

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Funny...no one these boards had anything negative to say about internal people. The sales management team at least in the central region needs serious help. If you have experienced poor treatment by reps...that's awful. If you feel that you have information to share with rid and hr then do it. I honor truth.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thanks for your permission.ha seriously you are calling yourself an honest person and posting on cp about lack of leadership. I have been in the home office for awhile now and I can tell you that the lack of core values exhibited outside of the hind office is a sad display. 20 percent of this sales force exhibits hard work, complete gratitude and respects the company and leadership and the remaining 80 percent cry, bitch and moan and just want to be adequate with no accountability . It blows my mind

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Touché. Lets see what the board does. Clearly there is an issue. Not sure you are aware of this but they have been making some phone calls to the sales team and reps that have left. If you believe it's reps bitching then your missing something. Good people have been hired into Atherotech and many good, hard working, and appreciative people have left. What is your explanation for this? The turn over of greater than 40% exceeds the average corporate turn over of 14%. The organization should be concerned

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

"Tell your boss"?? Oh my! Guessing you are one of the "bosses" I tried to have productive conversations with and was ignored. THAT IS THE PROBLEM! If anyone from the Board of Directors is taking the time to read these posts then consider what many of the TSMs are saying on CP. While there is a lot of bs and complaining there is much truth to the poor leadership, lack of transparency, and closed minded individuals running the company. Atherotech has an incredible product, science, and foundation/culture upon the which company was founded. It would be a shame to waste the potential for the company to have a possible revival and ignore the bitter pill, otherwise known as certain members of upper managment discussed. Knowing many of the reps that have left and hearing what was conveyed in the exit interviews it is SHOCKING TO ME the corporate infrastructure remains the same. SHOCKING!!! The 45% plus turn over which are due to concerns and issues with the company's upper manager. THAT IS THE FACTS! Sad but true. :(

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

OK people settle down. There is obviously a problem here if you can't see that just look at the turn over. Its not just underperforming reps, its reps that are doing well these are the facts. One of the problems are that some of these managers have never sold in the lab world, pulling managers from pharma or these Thermo clowns isn't cutting it. Not only do they not know the business they are hiring the wrong people. Managed care is another isuue unless your in the south east where 90% of the successful reps are. We do have good things here, customer service is good and the VAP is a great test but until they can figure out how to fix the turn over issue it will get worse. Food for thought, sales people leave managers not companies

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Well it looks like things are changing!