state of Vivus

Discussion in 'Vivus Pharmaceuticals' started by Anonymous, Sep 4, 2013 at 8:11 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Don't feel bad, I hear home office learns of news from investor forums too...

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What is going on?! A District Manager, or some District Managers are ACTIVELY looking or sniffing around. Has there been communications to the field on the future?

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

A few things are going on.
    1) The PDI contract is up in August. It may not be renewed or they may clean house and bring in new talent.
    2) Vivus has been reducing the corporate workforce. In the last conference call they said it would not have an impact on the sales force, but who knows at this point.
    3) They could be nearing a deal with a larger pharmaceutical company- Either a partnership or a buyout.
    4) Qsymia sales have been slow to ramp up. They may have little confidence in the future of the drug.
    5) It could just be human nature to see what else is out there and test the waters.

Good Luck

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Is Chris T. still with Vivus? What is his impact on sales?

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

According to his Linkedin page he is still with Vivus.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The PDI contract was renewed. The comp plans have been reasonable. Its been by far the best PDI gig.

The drug has done much better in retail but still small numbers of prescribers (same ones rxing Belviq). The market needs a big hitter investment in DTC and Med Ed. Most PCPs are gun shy. the drug works well in patients.

Don't think there will be a partnership deal done this year (2014) and if so, it would be a PCP partner.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

cannot understand how things seem so rosy based on the above post-the stock is a true looser

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Are you sure the contract has been renewed with PDI??? I would think that Vivus would have to file a 8k with the SEC as this is significant news. Furthermore, why renew the contract 8 months before it expires?
    If Vivus has renewed the contract I think that answers the question for a near term BP deal as you suggested. Either BP is not interested or Vivus couldn't get a decent deal.

If no BP deal happens I think this puts a dark cloud on the Vivus management team because the previous and current management has stated in each conference call that there were and are various interested parties and the process is competitive.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hence the intelligence in spelling..."looser".

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

8K -Vivus announced today that it inked a rebate deal with CareMark PCS Health, LLC that promises to make Qsymia more affordable for consumers. Under the terms of the deal, the anti-obesity drug will be available as a preferred tier 2 drug in some plans and a non-preferred brand in tier 3 in other plans. In essence, CareMark consumers will have to pay between $15 and $75 for Qsymia.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Of course things are bad here. It is Takeda all over again. Our leader has hired only those she has worked with in the past. A bunch of managerial/DM dip shits.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Where can I find a doctor willing to prescribe Qsymia? I'm in the DC metro area (Rockville/Bethesda) and my PCP thinks diet pills are out even though she thinks that bariatric surgery is ok.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Of course this drug is a flop. The reps are barely working if at all. Turn off airplane mode, enable location services and GPS stamp each call. Then you might see some scripts Vivus.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I guess we can see where our $10,000 extra bonus money was spent! It sure is refreshing to see the new CEO who carried a bag-haha gave himself a fat ass bonus for driving stock down and left nothing for the worker bees.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

CROOKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I truly believe it is time for CT to step down and give some one else a chance to make some major changes. He is about to sink this company. He blames the sales reps for all of his piss poor ideas and loves to use scare tactics to make us work harder. If he only realized how much we put into this company, we get beat up every day fighting for every script. Times are hard and jobs are hard to find, so get us a new leader so we can make this product profitable and help our patients make a great lifestyle change. Do the wright thing CT is you really care. Time to go.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

CT won't be leaving nor will he be replaced by Vivus management because this company will be sold before that happens.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Down to 5.84

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Time to go Chrissy baby!! Stop blaming the reps and pack your bags and go. You have proven that you have zero leadership skills. Bye Bye Chrissy T!!!

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I thought that when the board made all the changes it would be for the better?? What the hell! The stock is at $5.79 and I don't see any hope with this company. I agree that CT needs to go immediately and changes must me made. No one will buy this company in this shape. How can a company even think its possible to survive with 150 employees that are contract workers with zero benefits. I'm about to sale my stock and take the huge loss. I realize that the company (board) wanted to sale vivus off and make us all some money, but it's not going to happen and the money that we have want last long. Time to jump off this ship.