Stay Away from INC!

Discussion in 'INC Research' started by Anonymous, Nov 23, 2010 at 7:31 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I have to agree with all other posters. I worked at INC for over 2 years, but was laid off 2 years ago. The folks who work under Wendy in HR were really good, in my experience. The corporate culture was weird, though. When I first started there, late in 2006, I liked the company, but corp culture shifted and they became very uptight about finances.

I sat right near Ogle's office and he came across as cold and unfriendly. He NEVER said hello and I passed him in the hall all the time. I always gave him the benefit of the doubt ("he must have a lot on his mind"), but not so sure now. As for JP. Couldn't stand him. He was a tyrant when it came to timesheets. He would send threatening emails that you must complete your timesheet or you'll end up on the noncompliance list. Once, he even sent out the noncompliance list and ha, ha, he was on it! My whole dept, up to my director got a good chuckle out of that.

A couple years ago, they hired a total moron as VP of Reg Affairs. He really screwed up a lot of stuff, including some good departments. He left 1 1/2 years ago, though. I think he was forced to leave, once they finally got a clue about him, but that was not until he'd already laid off a lot of good people.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You nailed it. The company culture is very very strange. So many unfriendly people here but I guess that's what happens when everybody is disgruntled and trying to get the hell out. I hear alot of people here are jumping ship to PRA and Parexel.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Agree with all said here. They are the absolute pits.I am amazed they get any business at all as from senior management down they just have no idea what they are doing. Have to be desperate to punt any work their way unless you have a strategy to fail

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I was hired by INC as a CRA a few years ago, they have a virtual phonoe system that works from the laptop they provide you, there was a psychotic female product manager who was obsessed with this. She expected you to answer this phone from 8 Am until 6 Pm....my phone would never work properly, the IT folks had to rebuld this program from scratch....she was nuts...fired me over the stupid Virtual phone that NEVER worked...

Nutty place for sure....

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

People, you are not right. I would say that this is only one side of a coin. For sure, it was a sort of pressure (I was with the INC for 2.5 years) in financial and time reports, but this is part of the business, baby. Nothing personal. You are paid for timesheets submitted on time. I did not find this dreadful. Of course, there are companies at the market having complete mess with time/expense reports, but where they are?

You will see – in 3-5 years INC will grow to the number 1 in the industry. Who care about the people then we are talking about the Benjamins?

I would say that it was just perfect company before July 2009. Now it turns to real shark.

Nevertheless, I would recommend for newcomers to look for the INC. You will gain the invaluable experience how business should conduct. Again, who care about the people?

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

re last poster. What planet do you live on!!! INC are without doubt the most garbage bunch I have ever come across. They have some of the worst medics in the business. Seems some of them are not even board certified.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Your posting says a lot about you. Here's a news flash: you don't become number 1 in ANY industry with a "who care about the people" point of view. PEOPLE are what fuels growth. You need to take care of the people and treat them right.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Agreed. That's why, despite all the bitching and moaning on CAFE PHARMA, Quintiles is #1. They were named as a top-25 Multi-national Employer. You guys need to try some other industries if you think you've got it bad.

I've been at Quintiles a few years now, and it is easily the best place I've worked in a 25-year career. I have a great manager that is truly interested in my career development and I've gotten opportunities to do work there unlike anywhere else I've worked.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Heard that they are going to be shutting lots of offices down. It was a pure money making exercise for Kendle and Cutler et al.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Omg. The poster who said INC was good and the poor English leads me to believe they are the Mexican folks who are screwing up the safety dept.......
    Talk about a horrible company who MAKES their employees work like slaves,,,it is INC!

Upper mngt is clueless,,,all they care about is their own bonus and how THEY look. I'm killing myself working for them as a contractor. I work 24-7 ! Check email on weekend and check my work on weekends. The person who hired me LIED and then she quit two weeks after I joined!,,,,They keep extending our contract with no end date to keep people guessing. Everyone is stressed out and burnt out. People are quitting who are permanenet employees. What does that tell you? This is my second CRO I worked for an NEVER again!
    I have worked for the major pharmaceutical companies and let me tell ya CRO companies suck! If you can get into big pharma do it! Do your one year of time at a CRO and get out!
    Inc and Kendle are horrible.....I'm trying ,My best to leave but finding something from home is difficult So I am going to just go back to work in house...at least when I leave my desk and my computer no one can expect me to work when I am asleep!!!!!
    I actually have spoken to a friend who is a labor attorney and waiting for him to get back to me on the labor laws because They Are Breaking Them Big Time!,,,,,,

Stressed!

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

you write good.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It looks like the winners are Quintiles, RPS,Parexcel (yitch) and Covance (double yitch).

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Quintiles is by far the best CRO, I wouldn't work for any other CRO, especially INCR

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The INC safety group are dreadful. The leadership is awful and the previous comment about Mexico is right.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sorry RPS loses too.