Stay tuned! Layoffs are coming.

Discussion in 'Alcon' started by anonymous, Mar 2, 2016 at 5:15 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Lay offs are coming and sooner than expected. More to know in the next week or so.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

No need to layoff in field sales. Everyone is quitting anyway.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I heard April

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Joe said no later than July.

So we have anywhere from now until then.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

enough time to clean up and pack.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

i wonder who he's getting cut first .....

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

who's getting cut , typo

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Get ready

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Blah blah blah, same old song and dance!

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The obligatory beginning of the month layoff thread. Eventually, you'll be right but who really cares.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The difference this time is that was confirmed by Joe in a company email.

And guess what? Layoffs have already started. IT, Finance, Marketing, etc have been firing employees that can't get onto NBS. It's going on RIGHT NOW.

But if you're some warehouse worker who doesn't know what's going on in the corporate office then I would see why you would be blind.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Totally agree with you. I have seen that in R&D. Yeah this is affecting all groups. Financially the company is in deep shit and yeah they need to save money. To achieve that, layoffs re the quick and easy way.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Will they just lay you all off and get on with it. So much whining and groaning. You're going down the tube. Grow a set, be proactive, and look for a better company and job. This company sucks and the management are terds. Step out, and step up. But on your big girl panties for once.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Hey jerkoff, my entire team has been layed off. We have until the end of the month to find another job within Alcon. And we are not the only ones. Go back to stacking pallets and stay off of here. No one cares for your opinion.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Which team? There is a hiring freeze!! How do they expect you to find another job within Alcon??

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You misunderstood. If you follow this forum, there is a new layoff thread started every month. I was just stating the fact that this is the obligatory beginning of the month layoff thread.

Hopefully you won't be begging to stack pallets because you seem to be under pressure for "hav[ing] until the end of the month to find another job within Alcon." We all know how that is going to end. You should be focusing on positions outside of Alcon; they do exist!

I'm sorry to hear you are losing jobs. I just hope you have taken the months long advice and prepared yourself for it. Best wishes.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You are full of it, There have not been any layoffs, ok. Alcon DOES NOT lay off family. And we are all FAMILY. You must be an imposter from another company trying to stir us up.

SO GIT OFF THIS THREAD YOU FARTBAG A-HOLE STINKER !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Hahahaha family?!! You must be kidding . Business knows no family! And by the way, It is not longer Alcon you idiot. It is Novartis!! Got it! NOVARTIS. You must be in denial!!! I don't know if I should feel sorry for you or what. But seriously, get real.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I think the poster was being sarcastic.

We have had our share of layoffs too this year and there is more to come I'm sure.

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

All I hear is that other groups got laid off but no one is telling us what groups.