Still no fleet cars?????

Discussion in 'Alkermes' started by Anonymous, Feb 8, 2015 at 10:35 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Bottom line is you are a douchebag. Please stay with your Novartis and Merck fuktards and stay away from this company. We do not want you. Maybe consider switching panty colors from black to bright pink.

This is a big-boy company and you need to earn your keep. If fleet cars are the only thing holding you back then stay the fuck away. Easy as pie.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Bottom line is you are a douchebag. Please stay with your Novartis and Merck fuktards and stay away from this company. We do not want you. Maybe consider switching panty colors from black to bright pink.

This is a big-boy company and you need to earn your keep. If fleet cars are the only thing holding you back then stay the fuck away. Easy as pie.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It's higher risk, but so is taking a job without a FDA approved product.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Then stay at Sunovion.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If the deal breaker is company car or the money to pay for a new one you choose is a deal breaker you don't belong here. Good luck

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Alkermes (ALKS) was downgraded at Morgan Stanley to underweight from equal-weight. Twelve-month price target is $61. New products could underperform and the company is facing increased generic competition, Morgan Stanley said.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Stop with the fleet car issue!! Most of us here don't want to have our car picked out for us. We like it this way!!

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I would love to work here, fleet car or not. As a matter of fact I would love to have the compny pay off my Passat!

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I agree. You are correct!

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

My wife won't allow me to take a job without a Company car. She doesn't want me to buy my own car and rack up miles. I agree w/ her. I have 15 years of psych experience, but I want a Company car. It's a no for me.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thanks for letting us know.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

First and foremost, if a company car is an issue for someone taking a job, then you shouldn't even be looking.

1) if you can't make money on a reimbursed allowance plus .50/mile, then you don't know dick about sales. That is about $19k a year per the avg geography. Glad you all think a company car isn't worth it.

2) 19k reimbursed is about $33yr in gross.

3) You are at will with every company. WARN gives the company 90 days, and then most avg severance will allow use of a car 30 days after that.

4) Avg company car benefit is $7500. Do the math on that.

If you can't understand the logic of this, then please withdraw your name from consideration. I don't think this company wants you regardless of CNS experience. If you can't figure out this benefit, then I highly doubt you have the ability to understand complex sales and the market that drives them.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thank you, #33. I think this thread can definitely be over now. This company doesn't offer a company car. That either works for you or it doesn't. The end.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

But many of the statements you make above are WRONG. For example, in "1)" you discuss a variable reimbursement of 50 cents per mile. We only get 15.12 cents per mile here. That's a big difference and if applied to the calculations you use to arrive at the figures in "2)" and the other points you are way overstating the reimbursement the company gives us for our cars. Fatal error on your part.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

15 cents/mile is insane. That can not be right. Had
    Reimbursement prior at another jog and it was based on the price per gallon
    So when the gas was 1.97 a few weeks ago this might be true

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This #33.

I have .50/mile from the recuiter. .15 mile isn't even gas standard. If you are taking that, then you need to be reporting it on your taxes, as the Feds will make up some of that. So, instead of $19k per year, it's about $11k without the Feds picking up the rest. Either way, if a car is going to make or break your opportunity, then please find another.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

And now a January launch, I think that is more of a concern than the car?

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Then you have no balls if your wifey poo is controlling where and when you take a shit.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Reality check to you pussies who must have a "free" company car. The average car allowance program in Pharma stipulates a monthly allowance and mileage reimbursement. I make $300 / month (which is taxable) and $.55 a mile. As I drive 45-50k a year, that's on average $22,500 a year (un taxed). With this, you buy a decent car that offers a 100,000 mile power train warranty (or better, spend extra for a lifetime warranty ) and put little money down. I bought a Mid size suv as I'm in snow country, nicely loaded on a 5 year note and $1000 down. It was paid off in 3 years, all gas, insurance and service was covered by the mileage and now, I own this car outright, and its still worth $12k. If you own it, you'll take better care of it and if you service it regularly, most cars will last indefinitely. Oh yeah, I'm using the $.55 a mile I'm pocketing for a home improvement - it can be a cost neutral proposition, just don't go out and buy a BMW or Benz