Stiolto is failing

Discussion in 'Boehringer Ingelheim' started by anonymous, Sep 17, 2015 at 11:18 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

At BI, you just have to suck less than your peers to be a superstar.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Not really. You can have a worse market share than anyone in your region and be at the top. Ask for transparency and ask for market shares in the region. Territories with low BI utilization (market share) have the lowest goals....... it just takes one or two. So really you don't have to "suck less". It encourages less than mediocre

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Look around people Anyone who is good is RUNNING out of here
    Respiratory is going to be mostly contract garbage and in house rose colored glasses wearing idiots who remove their spines every morning and can barely tie their shoes.
    Managers are pitted against one another- Let the hunger games continue
    Good luck and good selling folks

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I stand by my "suck less" position, esp if you are in a suck-ass region. Just take a look at the IC rankings. There are people at less than 100% payout trending towards PC, while if you are in Ohio, let's just say, you are way over 100% and going to get some lame Gold award.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Stiolto - Sept 17' Data. 81 Million YTD sales (literally the dead lowest Sales $ product in the company). -11% to goal, yet again missing it's pitiful quota. Triple? See below. Yore boy, you've officially been proven wrong. 2 years it's taken...... Face it, much like BI senior leadership, you didn't understand the COPD market. Sad. It didn't take a "revolutionary" delivery system. It didn't take some new medication. Just take all 3 (LAMA/LABA/ICS) and put it in 1 device. Pretty darn easy.

http://www.fiercepharma.com/pharma/glaxo-wins-fda-nod-for-closed-triple-therapy-trelegy-ellipta-pegged-as-a-blockbuster

"Analysts with Jefferies have predicted GSK's Trelegy Ellipta could grow to peak sales of $1.5 billion,"

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

No No No! Our Virtual National Panel discussion will win the day. For the love of God, we're doing it on 3 days, yes 3 days, in 3 different time zones, to accommodate the vast coast to coast pent up demand to hear the evils of ICS. Take that GSK!!

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Once again the unsung heroes- HSBS will utilize all the time to hold the conferences in key accounts and once again sway the prescription direction away from GSK
    Accounts will once again choose Respi-splat to insure prime therapeutic utilization and maximize the minimal rebates offered from BIPI
    Formulary Status is in the Mist - no need for a hospital pack because once the mist fills the ER - patients will rise like Lazarus and run home never to be re- admitted. Therefore hospital floors shall be empty of COPD patients All thanks to the healing power of the mist

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I failed to properly give praise and credit to my HSBS peers (actually I am not worthy of the mantle "peer" when identifying with them), without whom my attempt to pull off a virtual National Panel discussion would be impotent. All hail HSBS and their even more arrogant leaders, our HSBMs!

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I guess if you find an 8 week open label study to be valuable. FDA won't approve for promotion. It's a joke study.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Sad to say - you don’t need a study to show ease of use superiority with GSK’s device- just hand the patient both and see which is easier
    Rest in Mist Genius

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Hmm presented at CHEST.....looks like the coffin got dropped into the hole and covered with some dirt.
    What should Stiolto’s Tombstone read?
    “Rest in Mist ..............”
    Rosie the Elephant and Boris the Bear need work- maybe GSK could hire both for their product line.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Well if it’s not approved for promotion, you’re ABSOLUTELY right; no GSK rep will talk about it and docs certainly won’t read it.

Thank God Pfizer was on board to make spiriva handihaler what it was. ;-)

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Folks, we're talking GSK here. They'd use data from the National Inquirer for promotion. Further, they'll just say "data presented at CHEST...."

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Sure would hate for the FDA to find out. GSK reps are not evaluated on sales numbers due to a hefty sentence from the FDA. One more and buh bye

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Remember that time I posted this. Someone spent 25 pages debating this crap with me. It's been 4 years now. Stiolto = Failed. For the new people, it was originally scheduled to do about 1 billion in sales by 2016. 4 years later, not even remotely close.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Oh, but wait until exacerbation data push in Q2. BOOM! A quick $1B.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Good work Paul and Tim.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Can we hurry up and abandon this drug. I hate that this pulls my ranking down every quarter.

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Yup, it's chasing a dead end. I started this thread almost 4 years ago now, and it's been the same story ever since. I had ride alongs with very important people from BI and took them to some extremely important thought leaders. They all told them to get an ICS and a triple. No one listened. Now we are placing all our bets on the respimat inhaler. Any evidence that it has better efficacy than even our own inhaler? Nope. At this point the COPD market is beyond saturated. There's dozens of LAMA LAMA/LABA combos that dr.s can choose from at this point. We don't have good coverage at all in many parts of the country. Most places it's not covered / Cash pay. But oh yeah! It's got SPIRIVA in it! There's no data to show that stiolto / spiriva / respimat is better than anything else. We needed a triple, we didn't get it. Dr.s hate this inhaler, they want some simple. We needed coverage years ago, we didn't get it.